View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 07:05 AM   #1263
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

It's Men’s Shed Time.

In my little town of Tocumwal NSW our shed is open twice each week. If that’s too much we need not attend each open day and if it is insufficient provided there’s 2 of us we can open it as required.
It has been handy for me with all their equipment and tools. Stuff I wouldn’t buy for use at home plus there are 2 members who have the skill to assist and tutor. And willingly. That’s handy for me because the piece of equipment I handle best is a chainsaw. When I have nothing to make, modify or repair I attend simply to drink coffee. Four members are retired farmers who had been my clients for 44 years and one who was a mechanic and frequently did work for me, so I have known some for a long time. Two others are farmers from outside this area and farmers are my favourite people. Besides they grow the food that is put on my dining table. Of the balance of 14 none are fairies or bureaucrats. There is no duck shoving for authority. That’s great. If there is a men’s shed near you, do consider joining.

My stories will conclude with explanations on where many every day quotations came from, that is until I exhaust my source who is my friend Ann.

Bread was divided according to status.
Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf,
The family got the middle, and guests got the top, or ''The Upper Crust''.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote