View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #13
'32FordNut

Default Re: 1956 Ford Truck, C4 Tranny Pan Problems

Thank you to all of you who has helped me. I removed the chrome pan I bought and I'm NOT going to use the chrome pan. I looked for the square of the casing, perfect, I looked for the pan on a flat surface, wobbly, I checked the original pan on a table, wobbly. I did order a cork gasket and an aluminum pan from TCI that is only 1 quart larger. So I figured there shouldn't be a problem with it being too deep. I decided NOT to use the FIPG because I have never had luck using silicone products on any pan gaskets and they are a MESS to clean up if you need to remove them. I read the other possibilities where the fluid could be coming from, the "O" ring on the dipstick, very clean and dry, the sides of the tranny with other tubes, fittings, etc, very clean & dry. I think I over torqued the bolts on the chrome one and I should have never used it since it was wobbly when I turned it upside down and checked it on a table (shame on me). Thanks again for all your help, it really helped me on a good checklist. Have a great weekend. Jeff
'32FordNut is offline   Reply With Quote