View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #281
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

The propeller shaft was a great help! Couldn't find my square of copper. Some of this running board's surface looked like the surface of the moon. The polyurethane 'bondo' worked well on the driver side running board, and should do as well on the passenger side now that most of the holes were welded shut. My trucks reside in sheds and don't often get driven in the rain. I use my disposable chevies for that duty. As a kid living in New England I used a lot of bondo to repair rust in door bottoms just to continue driving in the salt the next day. I would drive the rust in with a ball peen hammer, smooth on the goop, sand it off... You know the drill. Couple weeks later the blisters rear their ugly heads...... I do have quite a bit of faith in my process of knotted cup brush, grinder, heavy brush on rustoleum rusty metal primer, sikaflex, sand flush, more of the primer and finally brush on a load of satin black with a bit of sand through. In re-reading this, maybe I shoulda made another set of wooden ones. Let's see how these hold up. A good chance they will still look the same when I'm six feet under
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote