View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #9
3W Hank

Default Re: FH sparkplug locations

Gee.

I did ask on pinching a frame and about the Brockville body at HAMB before get into the chassie and the Henry body, but this is also engine related and there one told me to ask at Ford Barn = better source.
So I’m not asking on various forums.
I had a thread there at HAMB on FH, but get that rolling nothing more, and that’s all ( did I do something wrong ? )

Second, I’m not after invent the wheel of a FH.
I has never own a FH but I has been into some friends street rods.
I’ll did read allot on hot rods as a kid in Sweden but I always was into dragracing as my father.
That become my work and hobby.
But the case in world now did lead me restore and get some 40’s Ferguson tractors ( just for fun ) and that did lead me to pre 1950 real hot rodding and Ford coupes from 32 always was the hot rod for me, and when I saw Larry Rollers coupe I did know what to do.
I has some friends here build this style of cars so it was not something new.

When I start something I ask.
Why should I just jump into something - test and see where it leads and maybe made mistakes ?
Misstakes is made anyway, but I ask.
This is a forum and I can ask, but your advice is as good as any – even if I found it ‘odd’.
If you find it strange/odd, wrong, irritating, why even read it ?
I never said I was into a SBC, I’m fully aware 100 HP or 150.
I’ll also said I’m not ‘after’ HP, this is a build up car as a racer but the limited time I will use it, I will use it locally ( just for fun )
This is not a car I take down to Germany alps by Autobahn.
I build it for fun as I like the 40’s style and I like a Flathead in this car.
As I never came across it before in a build-up ( I think I balanced a crank in mid 80’s maybe )
So I like ask and learn of cool stuff and the history.
Why should I not do that ?
I run a company, if I get a customer and said to them ; well why are you ask me questions, young man go home and test something.
But as a engine guy I like to use my experience and this will be something what the guys used back then - but I might work on friction, will use new pistons and probably new rods as for me it make sense.
I’ll really enjoy see this old school heads as they are so cool, but I also like Henrys cast iron.
So when it’s time go to work I has shoes to stand on, and thank’s guys here help me so far.

I hope this explains, otherwise my advice to you is not read my threads.
Thank’s.
3W Hank is offline   Reply With Quote