View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #141
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
JC, usually on this vintage it is a poor ground or poor contact within the socket. Metal housings and sockets.
Hey Mr. K., have this morning acquired a NEW Brake Light Switch, two 1157 Bulbs, and two 2357 Bulbs. Installed the NEW Brake Light Switch, and got nothing. So NOW... Am waiting for the evening when it is not so bright out, and am going to:
1. Use a Diamond Dremel Tool to scratch up the inside of the Fittings that go onto the Brake Light Switch.
2. Crimp the Fittings a little to make them fit a bit tighter.
3. Use a Jumper Wire to connect the two fittings together to see if the Brake Light come on.
4. Check between the Brake Light Switch Terminals with the Brake Pedal depressed to see it there is continuity.
5. Put everything back together and see if depressing the Brake Pedal will light the Brake Lights.

Once the Brake Light Problem is solved, am going to:
1. Take the Lenses out of the Tail Lights, and see what the arrangement of the Bulbs is.
2. Try changing out the Bulbs that dimly light when the Headlights are turned on.
3. Try the NEW 1157s to see if they will be brighter. If they are fine, can just put the Tail Light Assemblies back together.
4. If they are not bright enough will try putting in the 2357s.
Quote:
You had me worried there ...
Don't worry about me. I'm fine.
Quote:
FORGOT - Some years ago, there was a flood of CHI-COM 1157 bulbs that had poor contacts.
Will see if the NEW Bulbs acquired this morning are any better.

The trepidation that I have is that Ms. American's Wiring is old and fragile. Am hoping that nothing get broken. Am not very good with wiring and electricity.

It's not that hot here today, but it is 1000% humidity, and just being outside makes one sopping wet with sweat that won't evaporate. The saving grace of all this is that there is almost three weeks left to get this all sorted out.

Anyway, hope this finds YOU doing well. Take care. Stay safe.

JCAllison
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote