View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 01:47 AM   #4
waynet

Default Re: Theft Prevention Ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In all the years I've had my car, I've never removed the keys from the ignition. I never lock it. Honestly, who wants to steel an old Ford V8? Maybe in the 30's- good get away car after a bank robbery, but today? The way I see it, should some lowlife wish to steal my car, invariably, first thing they'll do is turn the key, effectively they've just locked it, then they wouldn't know where the start button is anyway!!

True story...years ago, I ran outta fuel in my car. Parked on side of highway. Upon returning with a tin of fuel, I noticed someone had swiped one of my hubcaps. My friend that was with me was real pissed off, moreso than me...I simply said to him "It'll come home"
Coupla months later, I returned to my car, parked in the local township, when this Maori guy approaches me and asks "Is this your car bro?" I told him it was...He asked "did some bugger pinch one of your hubcaps a while back?" I replied in the affirmative. He said " That was me bro...I'm real sorry bro...if you come to my place I'll give it back." He had a fresh scar down his left temple; he'd recently had some sorta brain surgery. Now I don't know if he had a near death experience or what, but some weeks later I journeyed to his place; he lived in a real remote location; required a ferry ride to other side of the harbour, and then about a 30 mile drive to his abode, but I got the hubcap back and he gave me some other V8 stuff he had.
I believe in Karma, I believe what I do on a daily basis, influences all things that happen in my life. I am not a thief, I don't think like a thief, thieves think about how to pinch stuff, consequently, they are pretty security conscious when it comes to safeguarding their belongings. My thinking 'I'm not a thief, no-ones going to steal my stuff- [karma]'

Now, you want to safeguard your car, I understand that. However, thing is, if some lowlife is determined to get it, they will! But, the reality is, really? who would steal your old car? Honestly?
Great story. Have faith in all of humanity do you think?
waynet is offline   Reply With Quote