View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Peking to Paris preparations / modifications

I have never run the Peking to Paris however I have successfully run the GreatRace.

My experience has been that modifications are what gives the most stress when rallying or participating in an endurance event. There are a few mods that are suited for the event however most of them can be problematic. My suggestion is completely restore the mechanicals of your vehicle back to the original factory engineer's specifications. I am not a fan of redundant systems. Make sure your engine is properly rebuilt (-by a reputable rebuilder) using a high-compression head, a Stipe camshaft, and parts that have been proven over time for longevity.

As for auxiliary fuel tank(s), I would look towards using two 5-gallon fuel cans. This would basically be equivalent of two fill-ups, with an approximate range of 200-250 miles. As for tires, my nod would be to use stock-sized Goodyears, and set up your vehicle to have multiple spares. This is one exception where I would recommend a 12 volt electrical system. Mechanical brakes with the new cast-iron brake drums will be adequate and reliable.

Good luck and best wishes on your new venture. Also, welcome to Fordbarn, ...the place where the information is the most accurate on the web.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)