View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #75
crotex

Default Re: Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!!

Ok, Here is where I stand now. I have gotten the Model A running by wiring the coil directly to the points and the coil directly to the post on the starter. I had it put in correct timing and charged the battery for about an hour and it fires up and runs. BUT, Now I have a new problem. I can get it running by choking it but then it is hard to keep it running when I open the choke. I finally got it to run and idle for about 2 hours but then when I try to drive it it just constantly dies out and is harder and harder to get started. I ended up just pushing it back into the yard for the night.

My responce to all of the bashing some of you guys are giving me for no reason is that I just don't understand why. I AM looking for hop up parts. There is nothing wrong with that. I posted the thread asking about them while my Model A was not running. I knew that the problem was something small and was reassured by many of you that it was probably something small. I was never once under the impression that my Model A would never run again. So tell me, where is the problem with wanting to do upgrades when you get it going again?? Also Why can't I just be curious about it? I know many many people who have speed parts on their cars. Is there something wrong with all of those guys too?? I did not lie to anyone or trick anyone in anyway for entertainment in this thread. I can watch TV for more fun than that. I am on here only asking for advice and I get a few of you bashing me for no reason. NONE of you have ever met me. NONE of you personally know me, And I did not badmouth any of you. So what's is the problem?? To those of you who have helped me and used your time to give me constructive input I really really do appreciate it. It has helped alot and I am very thankful. I promise to offer my help to any of you with what I can help with in the future.
crotex is offline   Reply With Quote