View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
rmak

Default Re: speed parts on the banger

Thanks, Brent. I guess I view bangers as a trend only because I've gotten back into cars after being into motorcycling and motorcycle restoration for about 40 years. When I quit hot rodding, the 'trend' was giant engines, lots of chrome and distorting the original lines of the cars. I grew up around cars because my family was in the automotive business. My older brother was much more of a traditional hot rodder and I grew up reading his black and white hot rod magazines and saw many early rods. Of course I ignored them for the most part because I was interested in 427 cubic inch engines at the time. But with my background these early rods were and are very 'cool' to me now. I enjoy that the pendulum has swung away from high end totally reworked 32 fords. I know I am enjoying the heck out of my four cylinder hot rod.
As far as photo references, I easily found this by sorting on HAMB. I think guys started modifying cars as soon as they became available and affordable. So it was prewar, postwar and continues even today.
rmak is offline   Reply With Quote