View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 06:01 AM   #59
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there, I no naught about the "Wagner" but it looks like the same material.
Hey Mel,
You say that your stripped TL with this stuff. When Lorrie was being refurbished after sitting for sixteen years, the Wagner Paint Eater was used to COMPLETELY denude her exterior. Then it was brush painted with "Bar-OX Black, and White Enamel. Bar-OX is some of the BEST paint I've ever used, and I was a sign painter for years. Back then Sherwin Williams was the BEST paint.
Quote:
That's what I'm talking about.
Have a little secret about this particular product. Auto Zone sells it for about $10.00 a Unit. Wal*Mart sells it for about $8.00 a Unit. Auto Zone's Unit works GREAT. Wal*Mart's Unit is out of balance, and won't last more than one session. Have found that the reason that Wal*Mart can sell for less is because they are selling "seconds". Seconds are products that are NOT "First Quality".

Even their Health Nut Bread is "seconds". Have bought Health Nut Bread from H.E.B. and they are nice, fat, full length loaves. Have bought Health Nut Bread from Wal*Mart, and the loaves are skimpy, and have two or three ADDED slices because the loaf is SHORT.

All products are made, and then graded. The "seconds" are sold to discount outlets for less than "First Quality" Units, and because they cost the discount outlets less, they can be sold for less. But they are defective, but can't be detected as defective just by looking at them.
Quote:
I haven't mastered the image thing yet.
You'll get the hang of it. Don't give up.
Quote:
Application pending approval, STILL!
Rattle their cage a little.
Quote:
I know
Lorrie is going to be so PROUD! New Door Handles. New Front End Configuration. New Steering System. New Paint. I promised her that I would do this if she would just hang in there while we were getting Ms. American back to being reliable. She did. Ms. American did. And so now it's up to me to keep my promise. Am going to do it till I can no longer do it.
Quote:
Side note: Is it possible to insert JPG's in the tekst (text)?
Yes, but it's a PITA with this word processor. It was EASY at FFO. But the a$$hole over there just wasn't worth the irritation that he decided he was going to be as vengeance for my not letting him control me.
Quote:
As you do it (ahead of me) it's: read tekst; scroll down to Jpeg; scroll up to next tekst; scroll down to next Jpeg; scroll up... etc. Mel
Know what you mean.

Mr. Kultulz told me how to do it, but I don't at the moment remember EXACTLY how it was done. It has to do with finding out what the JPG Code is, and inserting THAT code where the JPG is desired.

Anyway, the Weather Guessers are all screwed up here. Hurricane Barry is unpredictable. Have been seeing Lightning flashes to the East and South, but they are so far away that there's no thunder. At least it's cool here, and the Weather Guessers are saying "no rain".

Hope this finds YOU and TL doing well. Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote