View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #65
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cpe View Post
I am of the opinion that all the ups and downs, stretching, straining, and contortions involved in keeping our old cars helps keep us flexible.
Hey Mr. 40C,
Couldn't fail to disagree with you less! And you know what else? It makes resting so much easier.

Was in a catastrophic Murdercycle crash on April 27, 1987, which broke the Femoral Head off of the Left Femur, and crushed my Right Foot. I now have a Left Leg that is 2" shorter than my Right Leg, walk with a terrible limp, even with the Cane. But, when I go to the Grocery Store, I refuse to use the little Scooters to shop, because as soon as I start doing stuff like that, I won't be able to walk at all.

A while back, the Primary Care Physician at the local Clinic arranged to have a Physical Therapist visit me twice a week. That lasted a week and a half. What the PT was having me do was like sit in a chair, and raise my hands over my head, rock my feet back and forth, like heel&toe. He was treating me as if I was too old to do anything, but when he found out that I work on the Cars, and do the housework, and do exercises like push ups, and planks, he told the PCP that what he was having me do was useless. That maybe in another ten years, it might help, but even with the Murdercycle injuries, I was in about the same shape as a healthy 60 year old.

Still, there IS the need to be careful. As Coosawjack has told me many times: "Gravity is NOT your friend!" Got to be careful to not fall, trip, or stumble. So in addition to working "smarter", one has to work "more carefully". It takes slowing down, not rushing anything, thinking things out, and as Dirty Harry said: "A man has got to know his limitations."

Quote:
Where would we be without them?
We'd just be feckless old farts! There's nothing worse than being feckless!

So at this time, everything is caught up. Am going to go out and see if what was done this morning has helped at all. If it has, then GREAT! If it hasn't, there is sitting here on the Shelf a BRAND NEW Starter, but I'm of the opinion that installing it is just a bridge too far.

May have to take it to Wesley Smith at Smith Auto Electric and have HIM install it along with the NEW Solenoid to Starter Cable. Don't know how much it would cost, but Wesley has always been very fair with me, and he particularly LIKES Ms. American. There aren't many mechanics around here that I'd trust Ms. American to, but Wesley isn't one of them.

Anyway, it shouldn't be long before we know if Ms. American is going to respond to my intimacies with her this morning. We'll see. Will let you know how it goes.

KOKO (Keep On Keeping ON)

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote