View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #53
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
There is advance, it is within how the centrifugal advance curve is calibrated.
Hey Mr. K,
I understand THAT, but I don't understand THAT!
Quote:
Bumping the timing (twisting the DIST) increases performance and/or may damage the engine.
Alas, this is what I've been doing, but not only with a Timing Light, but with a Vacuum Gauge connected to the Intake Manifold, and an Actron Tachometer.
Seems to me that I had seen that article before. Got to reading it again, but was distracted about half way through. Will get back to it when it's too hot&humid here to do anything else.

Anyway, you doing all right? I'm getting ready to start ordering the parts and tools to do the Lorrie Van Haul Steering Conversion. And this morning am fabricating some REALLY spiffy parts to go on Lorrie's Door Latches. Weather is quite cool here this morning. THAT won't last long, so it's best I get to cracking on the Spiffy Parts before it gets too warm to be out.

Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote