View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #37
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Quote:
About that same time, I was working on another improvement to Ms. American, that would solve a common problem that is had with not only the Autolite 4100, but also the Bendix Stromberg Model W Carburetor on Lorrie Van Haul. Would imagine that there are other here who have had this same problem. And the problem is: That after a car sits for a while, the Gasoline in the Float Bowls evaporates. Then when one tries to start the Engine, one has to crank till the Fuel Pump gets enough Gas to the Carburetor for it to start.

So I had put together a device that would eliminate having to crank. It involves the use of a Carter Electric Fuel Pump, a One-Way Check Valve, a Fuel Filter to protect the Carter, and it has a TWO WAY Toggle Switch that when it is clicked one way it turns the Carter ON and it stays ON. Click it the other way, and it turns the Carter ON, but turns OFF if you don't hold it ON.

And since the Carter will pump through the 3.14's Stock Fuel Pump, it can be used to prime the 4100, it can also be used when running fast to make sure that the 4100 stays full of Gas. Here is what it looks like:

Great Design!

You have this back @ the fuel tank with gravity drop?

There have been some discussions here and you show the correct way to plumb it (IMO).

Maybe that lady was the one that paid for your canopy ...

- AT MY AGE, ONE APPRECIATES A STURDY HANDRAIL -
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote