View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: So what kind of driving for this year?

Well lets see, here is my general itenerary for the next few months...

March 6-10 in Ocala, FL driving about 400 miles in a Model T (plus 1,200 miles RT there and back in the Hauler - 8mpg)

March 16-18 in Chickasha, OK (about 2,000 miles RT)

March 25-27 in St Augustine, FL for MARC Membership Meet.

April & May misc business trips and events such as Charlotte AutoFair, etc.

June 5-10 driving about 400 miles in Stowe, VT in Model Ts with family. Fuel for 2 Model T's for 400 miles, --plus 2500 miles in Hauler transporting them to & from Stowe.

Then our plans are at the end of June drive 2400 miles each way to the MARC National Meet in San Diego.

July 22-27 will find us on family vacation in Rochester, MN at the National Model T Tour with 3 Model T's (one for Pennie & I, one for daughter BreAnna & friend, and one for 16y.o. son Blake & his buddy), ...each traveling about 450 miles that week. (About 2,000 miles RT on that tour to & from event.) plus all the logistics (hotel rooms, meals, souvineers, etc.) for the family & our guests .

Louisville, KY for NSRA in August, Hershey in October, throw in a couple of AACA meets, and weekend jaunts in the old cars, and it will be "life as normal".

My point is that even though crude oil prices fell a few days ago, I know I am gonna pay more for fuel this summer but what I have realized is that everything in life has 'obstacles'. I just work a little harder (a few more hours) to subsidize what I enjoy doing together with my family. One never knows what tomorrow will hold, and if I waited until I had more money, --or until I felt the economy was better, I would miss out on many things that I will only get one chance to do. I guess that is why I choose to be a Glass is ½ full type of guy! I just look for opportunities and ways to make it happen with what I have available to me.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 02-27-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: corrections
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote