View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #56
SonicRaT

Default Re: 8BA Flathead overheating on highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
It sounds like a vast improvement over what you had.

If you have a pressurised system, it raises the boiling point so 210 may be ok. The fact that it "stayed there" is good.

Big question, though, how was the weather when you did this run? Nice and warm? Blisteringly hot? A bit chilly? It could be significant.

Does your loadamatic actually work? If the vacuum can is shot you have no advance at all. This happened to me on a French motor which has vac only and that was broken.

It does sound like good, positive progress though.

Mart.
The weather on the way in was about 82* with very high humidity and the trip back was slightly cooler, about 76 with high humidity.

The vacuum can was originally destroyed when I first started troubleshooting the issue, so I replaced it thinking that was the source of my problems but it didn't make a difference. The new can holds vacuum for quite a while and I can verify it's advancing -- a little too much.

I believe the griffin cap is rated at 15lbs, so I'm not getting to boiling territory, but I'd definitely like to find a way to bring those numbers down and be able to go up a hill without keeping a nervous eye glued to the temperature gauge.
SonicRaT is offline   Reply With Quote