View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Dylan Pelton

Default Oil Leak...I know i know, been asked 1000x!

Ok, so I have an oil leak at the rear of my engine (trust me i've done my research, read other threads but mine is a bit different.) After driving for say 15 minuets, the oil leak is so severe that there's literally a trail of oil behind me, and when I stop at a stop sign, a puddle over an ounce on the ground. It looks to me to be coming out of the hole with the cotter pin. There are many variables i know may be causing it, but I want some expert advice.

Variable 1- In the past few months i have done a full gasket kit (engine in the car) including front and rear mains. And yes i soaked them like your supposed to. Not leaking out of the front, everything else is dry.

Variable 2- The motor is old and tired, i know that. But I put a downdraft carb with a header set up, and have been running it kind of hard. Do you think blow by could be getting worse causing more pressure in the crankcase?

Variable 3- Some say its the front of the trans leaking and i have noticed recently that say at a stop sign I have to shut the car off to get it back in gear. Obvious answer would be adjust the clutch, but could that be a sign of low fluid?

I know these things leak but not as much as mine lol. I know this is kind of a loaded question but any help is appreciated. Thanks
Dylan Pelton is offline   Reply With Quote