View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #24
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Removing an Air Maze filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
I've got Purdy good model A common sense . I also have nearly 58 years of hands on experience with a lot of model A's . We don't use filters on our updraft carbs. My experience has shown rich operation and loss of power when any air filter is used on model A carburetors . I went out to a couple of our model A buildings and felt up a few carburetors on 4 of our model A's . I didn't feel any grit in any of my carbs . Two of these model A's are running dual updraft carbs . one of these cars has no engine pans and doesn't even run hood sides . I figure that most model A's aren't used for primary transportation . We do run original equipment type air filters on our modern cars that get used daily . I'm not expecting any of our model A's to go 250 thousand miles .I've still got my first model A that I got in 1960 , I've only needed to overhaul the engine twice and I've never ran an air filter on this model A . Things that apply to modern cars don't necessarily apply to the model A. People that have worked on modern cars for a living don't necessarily know much about the model A . I do realize that trying to give helpful info is a complete waste of time . As you've said before , Be your own man .Do what you feel is right and makes you happy. serious face .
Brother Purdy,
I'm PROUD of you for being your "OWN MAN"! We should ALL do that!---Even my Dog is his "OWN MAN"---He does unusual, strange things at times, that I can't figger out??? "Maybe it's some of his WILD DOG GENES, kickin' in.????
Men & Dogs have lived together for THOUSANDS of YEARS & have lurned what pleases each other! (Mans' BEST Friend!)
Bro Bill W.