View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
Dick Carne

Default Caveat with Mac's Auto Parts

Please pardon my rant this morning, but I thought I might pass along my recent experience with Mac's to those who may be considering ordering parts through them. When I built my last Model A project, I used Mac's a good bit since I had a friend that had a standing 15% discount with them, and he had allowed me to purchase parts through his business relationship with them. Last night, however, I went on-line to take advantage of their advertised 10% one-day discount, and thought that I might be able to save a little change by going through them for a few parts. In placing my order on-line, I was bounced back and forth between screens a few times before being able to finally complete my order. When I checked the order confirmation this morning, I noticed that the order was short one item, I was charged state sales tax even though I ordered these pieces from their location in another state (I live in Georgia, and the sales rep says that Mac's has a location in Georgia, but it is not open to the public - therefore they have to charge tax??), and when I called in, after a 20 minute wait, had to negotiate to receive the 10% discount on the second item that I thought I had ordered last night. Regrettably, this will be my last order with Mac's. There are too many good venders around to support this type of "service".
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote