View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #260
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Here's my sketch. It makes a lot of sense to me. What a small time local builder would opt for? Glass is cheap with square corners... Woodwork is basically the same as a house door, not a chris craft or a steinway. Windows look big. This is the first sketch I have done for any part of the woodie. The Seattle architects I work with always want 'shop drawings'. I have no drawing board, no cad program, or anything resembling that. One time I mailed the 'shop drawings' we use back to a Seattle firm. They were all on scraps of 1/4" plywood and wouldn't fit through the slot on my fax machine. It feels great to be getting old and not care what the yuppie architects think about how I operate...... Well I think I have to get the sketch out of a pdf?? Details at eleven... edit: If someone can make this sketch right side up and appear without a link, have at it, I give up.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf woodie barn doors.pdf (23.0 KB, 48 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 10-18-2016 at 07:39 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote