View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
A-Man

Default Turn Signal Switch Woes

In my earlier 04-03-2016 posting, I included a wiring diagram for the wiring of a turn signal kit to my 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe coupe. As a result of response received, I have since installed the turn signal kit. The front and rear turn signal lights, as well as the brake/tail lights appear to be functioning properly.

However, I am experiencing the following problems with the two(2) green turning pilot lights and the one(1) red hazard pilot light on the attached UNITED PACIFIC 5700R Heavy Duty Turn Signal Switch (Note: I have an electrical kill switch, and all problems discussed are with the kill switch in the "ON" position):
1) The red hazard pilot light is very faint AND is lit at all times, except for when the turn signals are engaged.
2) The green turning pilot lights are barely lit.

I have replaced the bulb in the turn signal switch with a correct replacement provided by the vendor. I have the bulb socket directly grounded.

Has anyone installed the UNITED PACIFIC, Model 5700R, Heavy Duty Turn Signal Switch in their 6 volt Model A? If so, could you share your wiring diagram? I suspect a wiring issue, but I am not sure at this point.

Another issue I am dealing with is the installation of a turn signal alarm. I have gone with the TURN ALARM, Model 535 (6 volt). When installed, I have no pilot lights at all. However, when I replace it with the flasher that came with the Turn Signal Kit, I have very faint pilot lights.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turn Signal Switch from UP.pdf (114.8 KB, 94 views)
A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote