View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #63
Old Henry

Default Re: Correct Coil Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatheadTed View Post
At night I think you will get color (static ) of the wires even new ones .Ted
You were right. Even after installing brand new spark plug wires there were still some flashes in the dark, not as much as before, mostly around the spark plugs, but they were still there.

I'm thinking my problem was really that broken inner distributor cap way more than bad wires. But, the little bit of effort added by threading new wires through the conduit is nothing compared to the effort to get them all plugged into the inner cap then get the outer cap to close on it. So, I might as well have replaced the wires as long as I was replacing the cap. That's what I did and will do in the future when I more routinely replace that inner cap, or, at least inspect it for damage. That's hard to do without at least loosening the conduits so the cap can be turned up to inspect. That's why I haven't done it more routinely in the past. We lives and we learns.

Last edited by Old Henry; 11-01-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote