View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
MikeK

Default Re: Interesting comment on Facebook about Model-A Brakes

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm OK with the increased force, likely do to self-actuation like Bendix, but the last statement "Original brakes are ok but modified brakes are better. A fact not opinion." is a problem. Here we have a conclusion that either overrides the raw data and projects a real driving outcome (not tested) or it is not explained well. Does a car stop better if you lock up the wheels with juice, floaters, 11.6% harder pressure on a Lockheed pedal, or by jamming a big crowbar through the spokes?

Perhaps the writer simply meant having 11.6% reduced pedal pressure is better for normal driving? This is an inferred conclusion, not a tested fact.

I've read thousands of real, and published engineering and scientific studies over the years. A statement of inference such as the one in discussion would never pass peer review for publication.

Putting the final touches on my Gilmore seminar. You'll find out Saturday who Fishleigh was, what happened at Ford engineering, what headlamps were supposed to go on the A but didn't, and many details previously unknown. You'll also see the results of application of science and math, not wive's tails. Then you can form your own conclusions and inferences based on what is presented. Hope to see you all there!

Mike Keating
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote