View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
Vin-tin

Default Re: Sand Blast Setup and Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Campbell View Post
Vin tin: I am anal about my work (some would say a personality defect). I have been around a lot of "Sandblast Pros" and usually I find they have little understanding of the characteristics of metal and what over blasting can do. They usually have big compressors and primarily do big truck beds, trailers, cement mixers and the like. Usually a minimum wage person doing the blasting. I have had friends get their pieces over blasted and ruined. I want it done right so I Do it myself. I have tried others...never had good luck. Not to say there not good ones someplace.
I hear you loud and clear on this one. I think the same way as you on doing my own work. I checked into a guy who came recommended to me. After seeing his outfit, grit size, and pressure he blasted at, the only thing i'd trust taking to him would be army tank.
I have searched along time to find a blaster who would do it as I would. I found one through word of mouth. He doesn't advertise. Him and his sons do it as a side job. I've seen car bodies he blasted and all was ok. So I think i'm safe on the heavy chassis and such I took him.
He'll even spray epoxy primer if you want him to.

It sounds like you went through a lot with your cancer and such, and i'm glad you beat it. The good Lord kept you hear for a reason. I'd like to think it was to restore Model A Fords. I suspect he has other plans for you.
Vin-tin is offline   Reply With Quote