View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #1854
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

This past Friday, Mike and I took a topless cruise in the '39 LZ, down to Long Boat Key, just about 100 miles from my house. We went to check out a '48 Merc Convertible whose owner said the engine had developed a knock and he was looking for someone that could fix it. The Merc is a beauty but is does have a lower end knock... So, he'll be trailering it up to my garage next Saturday, so we can drop the pan and have a look. The Zephyr did well, except for a few hiccups with fuel delivery. Before we crossed the Sky Way Bridge, we pulled into a rest area where I check the tightness of the nuts on the back of the ignition switch, sure enough, the nut on the Hot side had vibrated loose and the electrical connection (for the fuel pump) was intermittent. I snugged the nut and off we went, no more problems. It was a beautiful day in the Bay Area, low humidity with not a cloud in the sky and temps in the mid 80's. More Flathead Fun in the Florida Sun. I posted a few photos of the fun on the Cigar City Flatheads pages on FaceBook. If you are interested, take a look and like us over there. You can also join, we'd love to have you.