View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Old Henry

Default Re: Best Concrete Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Jake View Post
Good for the driveway - what was the problem with Old Henry?
I had just removed my transmission to repair it then put it back in. I had just put the car on the ground, had pushed it out onto the driveway to clean up the garage, then was going to take it for a test drive. I started it up, backed out, and saw the oil pool and path. Pulled back in and shut it off. I had just filled the transmission and thought may I hadn't screwed the drain plug in good and the transmission oil was leaking out. I climbed under and tightened that but the oil hadn't come from there. It was engine oil that had come out in great quantity. I opened the hood and found the culprit.

What had happened was, when I jacked the engine up to remove and replace the transmission, the plastic tube coming out of the brass fitting to my mechanical oil pressure gauge hit the gas pedal rod, bent, and cracked open. That's where all of the oil dumped out. Amazing how much came out so quickly through such a small opening - at least a quart or more.