Thread: 3:27 or 3:54 ??
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
modelAtony

Default Re: 3:27 or 3:54 ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA View Post
I am buying a 1928 Tudor Sedan, soon.

I plan on putting a high compression police head on it (B on the head).

I have the option of adding either a 3:27 R&P or a 3:54 R&P.

In an earlier thread I asked if the police head would be enough to propell the 3:27 R&P in a light weight pickup truck. The concenses seemed to be yes.

As you know a Tudor is a heavier body. Would it be better to use a 3:54 in the Tudor or would the police head be enough to propell the 3:27?

Also, most parts houses sell a speedometer gear for the 3:54. No one seems to have the correct speedometer gear for the 3:27. As a default, some recommend the same speedometer gear as for the 3:54, which probably means that the speedometer would be off a little. Can anyone comfirm this?

Thank you,
Neil
Neil, I have 31 tudor and have been running 3:27 gear since 2001. This was when my car had orig head and only modification was electronic ign. and alternator. I was running this gear when everyone was saying it was to high of a gear. I was still able to pull off from a stop sign in 2 nd gear. This was the first major change I did and I'm glad I did. check on my avatar and see the other changes I made. You will only get 7 mph more speed and not the 10 mph they all advertise. The new speedometer gear you will need is the 17 tooth gear. Have fun modelAtony tony white Lafayette, LA
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote