View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Henry Hopper

Default My hopped Henry...

here is a shot of my roadster that recently came home from the paintshop.It is remarkably solid and rust free.I decided that it was better to put my money into a a stock Henry and enjoy it ,than put it in the bank and lose it..it is a RHD model from South America, that I bought last Autumn from the USA.I have removed 3 leaves fom each end and reversed the eyes on the front spring, I have just made and fitted a 1.75" dual exhaust with porter mufflers,the screen has been chopped 3.25" and the lights changed for a pair of BLC lamps that I had, the wheels were swapped for a set of `40`s 4.5" rears and 4" fronts,the rear sparewheel mount was changed for a spreader bar, the shocks are now tube types,I have a Thickstun PM7 in the garage, just need to save for another 97,.The interior was bright turquoise leather and I changed it to dark red with a recolouring kit .I have just spent the afternoon trying to chop the original roof irons to get a proper profile,.The hood fitted like a chickens lip and needed quite a bit of work, but now fits better than it probably did in June 1932 when it was made.I will include a shot of it before work commenced if I can.BTW, the colour is dark brown...

Hope you like it, Nige.

Henry Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote