The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   DIY Seat upholstery (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338017)

ActionYobbo 04-26-2024 11:01 AM

DIY Seat upholstery

So it’s time to do the seat in my 39 truck. After watching how to videos on YouTube university I think I will give it a go and do the upholstery myself if I can find ready made upholstery covers for the seat. My original sear is in fair to good condition with a bit of mouse nest and the base wood will need to be replaced. I need/want a dark green seat as the seat and the other trim is green. In my searching I have only found blue or brown. Is there anywhere that makes a green seat?

alanwoodieman 04-26-2024 11:20 AM

Re: DIY Seat upholstery

got mine from carpenter

ActionYobbo 04-26-2024 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanwoodieman (Post 2307014)
got mine from carpenter

I did not see any on their website. I looked on there last night when I was ordering a bunch of other parts.

corvette8n 04-26-2024 04:48 PM

Saw a couple of different greens on eBay. Does the truck have a bench seat?

farmertom 04-26-2024 05:23 PM

ActionYobbo,I think imho tan or brown would look pretty cool in a green truck.are you interested in a mexican blanket style. in my '37 fordor i found a fitted slipover top of orig seat. being that you have a truck dont have to be concerned about seat back. i got mine frome amazon. Tom.

ActionYobbo 04-26-2024 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette8n (Post 2307063)
Saw a couple of different greens on eBay. Does the truck have a bench seat?

Yes original factory bench seat

ActionYobbo 04-26-2024 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmertom (Post 2307068)
ActionYobbo,I think imho tan or brown would look pretty cool in a green truck.are you interested in a mexican blanket style. in my '37 fordor i found a fitted slipover top of orig seat. being that you have a truck dont have to be concerned about seat back. i got mine frome amazon. Tom.

I never thought beyond recovering the green seat. I already have green seatbelts installed and have the green material to cover the door trims and headlining etc. so I think I am too far down the track of green and black interior to add another color. But the gauges are the original tan still

farmertom 04-26-2024 05:49 PM

those mexican style slipover truck covers come in a few diff. colors and i believe there was a green accent within the cover. Tom

slowforty 04-27-2024 12:05 AM

If you are going with a fabric upholstery. I used the same fabric as a late Ford Taurus.
It looks just like original 40 Ford upholstery

WarbirdPhotog 04-27-2024 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowforty (Post 2307126)
If you are going with a fabric upholstery. I used the same fabric as a late Ford Taurus.
It looks just like original 40 Ford upholstery

I'm curious about this, as I need to redo the upholstery on my 1940 Ford Deluxe Fordor Sedan. Is it the headliner material you're talking about? And what year Ford Taurus? Thanks!

ActionYobbo 04-27-2024 07:36 AM

Now you have me looking at the Aztec patterns. I don’t want to be doing any cutting and sewing. I am more looking for a pre fitted stuff

farmertom 04-27-2024 09:19 AM

yes ,the covers i'm referring to on amazon are relatively pre-fitted just do some measuring of youre existing seat and order a cover that comes closest.Tom.

ActionYobbo 04-27-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmertom (Post 2307192)
yes ,the covers i'm referring to on amazon are relatively pre-fitted just do some measuring of youre existing seat and order a cover that comes closest.Tom.

Thanks for the info. You have opened a whole can of worms for me. I see patterns I like and now to pick one