The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Highest scoring MARC car ever (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172054)

msmaron 06-26-2015 09:21 PM

Highest scoring MARC car ever

Dean Drenzek and his Nov 27 Phaeton scored 497 points and achieved the highest scoring car for MARC ever. Well deserved and a wonderful car.

Mike V. Florida 06-26-2015 11:52 PM

Re: Highest scoring MARC car ever

WOW imagine how he feels by missing a perfect score by only 3 points.

C26Pinelake 06-27-2015 12:03 AM

What did he lose the 3 points for ? Wayne

Marco Tahtaras 06-27-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmaron (Post 1110206)
Dean Drenzek and his Nov 27 Phaeton scored 497 points and achieved the highest scoring car for MARC ever. Well deserved and a wonderful car.

Hey Mark, I thought you had been around this awhile. To my knowledge the high mark was ten years ago at 498.45. Of course the way things have changed it will be surpassed in the future.

Marco Tahtaras 06-27-2015 12:12 AM

I should add that even then it was a ten year old restoration with no alterations or 'touch-ups' during those ten years.

mshmodela 06-27-2015 08:38 AM

27' would be nice to see detailed photos of this car as benchmark learning referance..

C26Pinelake 06-27-2015 08:40 AM

Marco. Was this your car ? If so. You indeed deserve the credit that goes with the title of number one best of all time ! Wayne

BRENT in 10-uh-C 06-27-2015 09:00 AM

So exactly 'WHAT" do scores from different years actually tell you/us? Is someone trying to imply one car is better than the other?

So with all the recent censorship and deleting of posts, wouldn't this be considered an antagonistic post trying to dig at a Fordbarn participant who arguably has done as much for the hobby and this site as anyone by touting someone else has the highest score in MARC history. Folks that know how the system works likely realize that is an unfair comparison.

C26Pinelake 06-27-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C (Post 1110386)
So exactly 'WHAT" do scores from different years actually tell you/us? Is someone trying to imply one car is better than the other?

So with all the recent censorship and deleting of posts, wouldn't this be considered an antagonistic post trying to dig at a Fordbarn participant who arguably has done as much for the hobby and this site as anyone by touting someone else has the highest score in MARC history. Folks that know how the system works likely realize that is an unfair comparison.

I totally agree with Brent! Make sure what you post is accurate and current so as not to upset or ridicule the true champion ! Wayne

Mitch//pa 06-27-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C26Pinelake (Post 1110378)
Marco. Was this your car ? If so. You indeed deserve the credit that goes with the title of number one best of all time ! Wayne

Quote:

Originally Posted by C26Pinelake (Post 1110412)
I totally agree with Brent! Make sure what you post is accurate and current so as not to upset or ridicule the true champion ! Wayne

your talking in circles because you really dont know what its all about

they are all true and equal #1 champions, on any given day scores can change up or down without touching / improving the car...

Gary Karr 06-27-2015 10:59 AM

I also see this as an assumption that judging today is more lenient than it was in the past, hence the scores are higher. Does this mean that judges today do not know as much as they did in the past, and that MARC judging is looser (for lack of any other term) than MAFCA judging? I think that judging today might actually be more fair than in years past as we have a more complete RG&JS available to us plus more and more research and studies now than before.

mhsprecher 06-27-2015 11:26 AM

The 27 Phaeton is featured in a photo spread in the Restorer from a few months ago. An impressive car, article and amount of effort.

Ryan 06-27-2015 11:44 AM

You guys are arguing over restored points now? Seriously? My god. Find another forum. Please!