The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell us your location so we can help (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4242)

bobj49f2 06-06-2010 01:18 PM

Tell us your location so we can help

Why doesn't everyone list their location? I've noticed a lot of posters don't have their location listed below their avatars. When people post questions about problems their having with their vehicles or are looking for places to find parts or services it would come in handy to know your general location. You don't need to give us directions to your house but if we knew your general location some one might be close enough to take a run over and see if we could help or suggest local outlets for parts or services. I know I would take a short drive to help a fellow flatheader if I thought I could help. I would be more willing to help if I knew the poster was in the next town over. Also, maybe if you see some one posting in your area you could drop them a email just to say hi. You've probably passed them a half dozen times over the years at shows and swapmeets. I will admit I didn't think of including my location on this board until today because I just didn't think about until I read a post about a person having trouble with the F-1. I have my location listed on all the other boards I visit including the HAMB and FTE.

You just have to go into the "User CP" and enter it into box in "Edit Your Details" option. No one will be able to track you down if you give your general location, "SE WI" or "Milwaukee, WI" but it sure could help out if you can't find that one elusive part you've lost and I'm down the road from you.

Russ/40 06-06-2010 02:01 PM

Re: Tell us your location so we can help

Great idea, and contribution on your part.

Dave72dt 06-06-2010 02:46 PM

Bob, I thought you were in SE WI. I think you've got a typo in your location. otherwise you just moved a bunch closer to me.

bobj49f2 06-06-2010 02:52 PM

Dang, you're correct.

How did you know that?! You're pretty sharp.

I changed it, thanks.

Dennis/Arkansas 06-06-2010 02:53 PM

An excellent idea! Such an easy thing to do. Dennis/Arkansas

Frank Miller 06-06-2010 03:00 PM

Just did it. Surprised I had not filled that in before. Raining like the dickens here at the moment.

billwill 06-06-2010 03:07 PM

billwill Burligh new jersey by the sea.

Bill Batson 06-06-2010 03:20 PM

Excellent idea - I would be glad to help any Fordbarner or Hamb in my area. Have lots of spare Flathead parts to get you going again.

Dave72dt 06-06-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 23333)
Dang, you're correct.

How did you know that?! You're pretty sharp.

I changed it, thanks.

Remember you from the old forum. Visited your site several times when redoing the F-3 several years ago. Belonged to a customer who lives along the lake in Milw and collects, restores '30s Harleys.

Mick/mo 06-14-2010 08:25 PM

Good idea.

~~Walts37~~ 06-14-2010 08:29 PM

Great idea why not

redfor40 06-14-2010 09:38 PM

really helps if buying,selling,or needing help

Lanny 07-23-2010 01:01 PM

I still see lots of members with "NO Location" listed under their screen name.

At least put the "Country or State" you are located in. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FlatheadTed 07-23-2010 07:22 PM

Bob unless you want to jump in a boat ,I think you would find a lot of people are from other countries

Gastrick 07-23-2010 07:26 PM

I always tend to glance at a users location to see if anyone is near me. I find it helpful when users list their location.

night-train 07-23-2010 07:57 PM

I`m in. Good idea!

panhead_pete 07-23-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlatheadTed (Post 49586)
Bob unless you want to jump in a boat ,I think you would find a lot of people are from other countries

I'd always welcome a visit but am thinking Im the only member from China. But I am about to start building a house in Japan and am Australian so maybe in one of those places I'll be closer to other members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Batson (Post 23352)
Excellent idea - I would be glad to help any Fordbarner or Hamb in my area. Have lots of spare Flathead parts to get you going again.

I think I need to move closer to you Bill. :)

sp1ke 07-23-2010 09:01 PM

I sure hope this worked!!

sp1ke

Lawson Cox 07-23-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 23285)
Why doesn't everyone list their location? I've noticed a lot of posters don't have their location listed below their avatars. When people post questions about problems their having with their vehicles or are looking for places to find parts or services it would come in handy to know your general location. You don't need to give us directions to your house but if we knew your general location some one might be close enough to take a run over and see if we could help or suggest local outlets for parts or services. I know I would take a short drive to help a fellow flatheader if I thought I could help. I would be more willing to help if I knew the poster was in the next town over. Also, maybe if you see some one posting in your area you could drop them a email just to say hi. You've probably passed them a half dozen times over the years at shows and swapmeets. I will admit I didn't think of including my location on this board until today because I just didn't think about until I read a post about a person having trouble with the F-1. I have my location listed on all the other boards I visit including the HAMB and FTE.

You just have to go into the "User CP" and enter it into box in "Edit Your Details" option. No one will be able to track you down if you give your general location, "SE WI" or "Milwaukee, WI" but it sure could help out if you can't find that one elusive part you've lost and I'm down the road from you.

Sounds good but how do you edit your details?

Big Shark 07-23-2010 09:12 PM

Good idea. As soon as I can figure it out Ill do it. Bruce. (from the center of the Cheese-head state). Thats Wausau Wisconsin.