The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1951 Merc Coupe, Rust Free Original (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78595)

roddin-shack 08-01-2012 03:47 PM

1951 Merc Coupe, Rust Free Original

City: Barrie
State: Ont.
Price: 26000

15 Attachment(s)
Rare opportunity to own an original RUST free 1951 Mercury Coupe. Painted in its original grey colour with original undercoating. This car was imported from Georgia USA over 25 years ago and has not been driven in the last 10. It was recently sold due to a divorce action or it would not have been sold at all.

This car has the original vinyl seats and door panels only found in late 1951 Mercurys, in very good condition, the carpet is deteriorated and needs replacing it also has the original black plastic sill plates. The dash and original radio appear to be in good condition as is the original steering wheel and horn button, The window garnish mouldings are rust free.

It is a flat head V-8 supposed to be be a good runner with original engine accessories including a 5 blade fan. Custom dual exhaust in good condition. I have not started it yet but engine is not siezed.

The wiring is a mess with all old brittle wiring harness, will require a new wiring installation.

The previouse owner installed 3" lowering blocks in the rear and 2" dropped spindles.

He stopped driving it because the master cylinder blew, so it will need to be replaced.

It has new appearing WWW bias ply tires.

Steel 51 Merc Skirts.

Dummy spot lights.

There are extra teeth added to the original grill, but I have the missing pieces to put it back to stock.

Front and rear bumpers are in good condition with minor chrome pitting and fading.

The body stainless has minor dents and scratches.

All glass except the rear window has been replaced with new rubber gaskets, however both door windows are cracked.

It has the original keys and does lock up.

I also have the correct serial number matching title in hand.

The previous owner shaved the hood and filled the holes and I have the hood bird and front hood molding in very good condition that had been removed.

His next plans were to CHOP the roof and Thank God this was not done.

Check the photos just to see how nice this car is.

This car should be restored and that is the reason I am advertising on this forum first.

I would entertain some trades

roddin-shack 08-05-2012 06:02 PM

Re: 1951 Merc Coupe, Rust Free Original

Bonus information, after posting the original thread I found out that this car has a rare all vynil interior found only in late 1951 Mercs, along with rare black rubberized sill plates. The interior cleaned up very nicely and does not require restoring except for the carpet which rotted due to old age. This car will also be posted on the HAMB on this date.:)

roddin-shack 08-10-2012 06:37 AM

Bump, still available.

roddin-shack 08-31-2012 09:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A couple of more pics. will look at some trades, street rod, & converts.

roddin-shack 09-18-2012 07:56 AM

SOLD. Now residing in L.A.

Please close this ad.