The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ebay ads in the swap meet area (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62956)

4tford 02-22-2012 09:19 AM

Ebay ads in the swap meet area

Since when are we are we allowed to post ebay listings in the swap meet area?? Is this something new. I hate seeing something I may want and be directed to epay!!! Bill

19Fordy 02-22-2012 09:23 AM

Re: Ebay ads in the swap meet area

However, it is helpful when a HAMBER sees something on the internet and then sends a PM to a fellow HAMBER who is looking for that particular part.

Itchy-Pit 02-22-2012 09:27 AM

I've had a lot of good deals with Ebay both buying and selling. I think the Epay jargin is unwarrented.

Straightpipes 02-22-2012 10:21 AM

It's nice to know when a part is available. I believe it is against the "rules" however. Personally, I like being directed to any source which I can find a part that I need.

4tford, Why do you ask? Or are you just having an ebay type of day?

Mark Slight 02-22-2012 10:53 AM

I agree with Itchy-Pit, I also think Epay is jargan is unwarrented. eBay is to me a swap meet on line. When you are at a swap meet if the item you want is too high you can move on. As for me I've found good parts that I needed because you are shopping most all of the United States. My two cents. Mark

mrtexas 02-22-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark W. Slight (Post 370371)
I agree with Itchy-Pit, I also think Epay is jargan is unwarrented. eBay is to me a swap meet on line. When you are at a swap meet if the item you want is too high you can move on. As for me I've found good parts that I needed because you are shopping most all of the United States. My two cents. Mark

Epay comes from sellers complaining about the repeatedly increased fees. Fees are now 12% including paypal. Since I got an epay account the fees have gone up 4 or 5 times, sometimes more than once a year. The fee change is always advertised as an "improvement."

JM 35 Sedan 02-22-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4tford (Post 370317)
Since when are we are we allowed to post ebay listings in the swap meet area?? Is this something new. I hate seeing something I may want and be directed to epay!!! Bill

Bill, The no no to any mention of eBay in the swap meet area was as you well know a rule on Shelly's old Fordbarn, but I have not heard of or seen mention of any rule like that here on Ryan's Fordbarn.
However, If someone can point me to a written rule like that here now about no eBay on Ryan's Fordbarn....please do so. I would also like to know about that rule if it exists....Thanks

Mike in Mass 02-22-2012 08:42 PM

YEA... JM 35 sedan , I,m with you, until I here from Ryan ,,,,,,,,, as far a ebay goes I have mixed emotions on the site ,, without it ,I would not have ALLOT of the parts I needed for my 39 pic-up build ,AND ,would not have met ,ALLOT of GREAT PEOPLE/CONTACTS ,, much like this website . on the flipside ,its become big business with profit margins an stockholders to please so ,the fees have gone UP UP UP , its like anything else if you don,t like it , don,t use it,,, my 3 cents ( ebay fee included :)) mike p

raceron1120 02-22-2012 09:08 PM

I'm kinda okay with it, after all it's nice to know if something one might be looking for is available, no matter where. I've been on ebay for over 14 years and still have 100% feedback as both buyer/seller. Don't use it too much anymore, ain't as much fun as it used to be, and the scammers have nearly taken it over it seems.

Just apply some common sense & good judgement when buying, selling, looking and passing, and don't get caught up in a bidding war. Same rules to use for life in general...;)

4tford 02-22-2012 10:03 PM

Just my opinion that when I open a posting on the swap site I really expect it to be an item actually being sold on the Fordbarn swap site. . NOT a link to epay. JMO

Mike in Mass 02-22-2012 10:42 PM

I thought the same thing an was surprised too , thought it was kinda cheezie ,but whateveRRRR :p IMHO ,don,t want to be seein to much of this in our barn ,, maybe some far out weird /rare stuff ( witch maybe the item was ,I don,t know ) MP

Uncle Bob 02-23-2012 09:25 AM

Ryan does have an exclusion for ebay links/listings on the HAMB if you look through the rules there. On here it looks like he did a quicky rules list he referred to as preliminary, May 2010 when he took over the site. I suspect if it becomes an issue of overuse or he gets complaints he'll impose the same rules as on the HAMB.

Ryan 02-23-2012 01:24 PM

We don't allow ebay ads. Just report them if you see them.