The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Turlock swap (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335047)

Brentwood Bob 01-23-2024 02:12 AM

Turlock swap

January 27, and 28.

Brentwood Bob 01-29-2024 07:27 AM

Re: Turlock swap

Was there Saturday. Met several interested men, and got to give them a feel for
the action of a good rebuilt Houdaille shock using a 12 inch crescent. A little hands-on education to encourage the masses to go with OEM parts. Worthwhile for myself, and also got some great conversation with my friends.
Some people have made surprising modifications to the internals, and not good ones in my opinion. Complicated instrument.
Noticed the blue catalog of the sellers that conviently listed the venders, and
What they were selling. Had family issues very early Sunday, and a couple of football games, so could not make it back. By noon , Sunday, venders start packing.
The weather was decent, and not muddy where I was.

Dan McEachern 01-29-2024 02:45 PM

Yup- good swap met over all. Weather was pleasant. Sunday was dead as usual, but the Sun came out earlier than Saturday. Lots of chrome stuff as usual, but there were some treasures out there to be gotten if you looked around.

Chris Haynes 01-29-2024 03:11 PM

$20.00 to get in the gate is pretty stiff.

Brentwood Bob 01-29-2024 05:47 PM

California Inflation. The blue seller index should have helped soften the ticket price jolt. Not sure if the catalog index was an add-on, or not. I had gate passes that I still have (as a seller).
I saw several modified child's wagon-parts haulers, with a sound system, and beverage cooler that came by. Several even hooked up to an Battery-powered wheelchair. They may have been the Chrome Hunters.
An evolving swap meet in my opinion. Cruising is coming back.

Chris Haynes 01-30-2024 12:04 AM

I was looking for an accessory parking brake release. First one I found was $300.00. Second was $200.00. Sammy from Arizona Model A had three to choose from for under $100.00. I bought the ugliest one for $85.00. Put it in the dishwasher and it came out beautiful.

Brentwood Bob 01-30-2024 12:44 PM

Don't recall you stopping by for a shock talk. Hope you did, but I would not have had what you wanted.

Chris Haynes 01-30-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentwood Bob (Post 2287572)
Don't recall you stopping by for a shock talk. Hope you did, but I would not have had what you wanted.

You weren't there. But there was a stack of your business cards on the table.

Brentwood Bob 01-30-2024 11:59 PM

Maybe a different vender. No table, or stack of business cards just some saw horses, and a pickup truck. If I had to use a latrine I locked down, or my friends would hold the fort for me.