The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Last 365 Days Of A (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50248)

Ryan 10-13-2011 01:25 PM

The Last 365 Days Of A

https://www.fordbarn.com/wp-content/u...011/10/365.jpg

Well, the young man pulled it off... If you remember, Jonathan decided to park his late model car and use his model-a sedan for everyday transportation - rain, shine, or snow. Not... To read the rest of this blog entry from The Ford Barn, click here.

Sparky 10-13-2011 01:52 PM

Re: The Last 365 Days Of A

I read it every day. I'll miss it.

29 Tudor 10-13-2011 02:05 PM

Me too! It's been a good ride and in fact, that's what convinced me to "check one off my bucket list" and find a Model A. Late last year, I found the '29 that's in my Avitar. Thanks Jonathan!

Steve

Bruce Adams 10-13-2011 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jon received his Mileage Award at the MARC tent during the chili fest last week.

Doug in Maryland 10-13-2011 04:21 PM

I read it every day too and often wished I could do the same. What a great ride! And a great testament to the durability of the Model A. I'll miss it!

eswanson 10-13-2011 04:34 PM

I like many others have read this every day and this has been a great ride. I hope that when I finish mine that I can drive it near as much.

bogdonj 10-13-2011 04:45 PM

ok whos stepping up and doing it next? I'm 26 and have thought about it! Very entertaining idea and I followed it every day... going to miss it

spdway1 10-13-2011 07:15 PM

Im, 37, I will do it! But remeber he had a sponsor, so who's in...Hagerty...Anyone?

Modelakid31 10-13-2011 07:42 PM

my dad thinks im crazy but i told him since i got my tudor in 2009 that when its done im going to drive it all the time. its now almost done and i really am thinking of doing it. next spring i think ill take my 1991 wrangler off the road for a year;). Funny thing is i never heard about this kid till just now. seriously. im 19 and if i do i drive my tudor every day i shall do something along the lines of a daily video update. im not really a blog person. LOL.

Stinch 10-13-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Adams (Post 288478)
Jon received his Mileage Award at the MARC tent during the chili fest last week.

I walked by the MARC tent last week and took this picture of a nice Model A out front. I didn't realize what car it was until just now. Wish now I had paid more attention. :o

http://maf.stinch.com/images/111006_9960.jpg

F&J 10-13-2011 08:22 PM

Any advice on how/where to get full time daily driver coverage? Last time I checked with non-antique insurance co's, they would not offer fire/theft. And I though all antique insurance co's won't allow full time use?

Arlen 10-13-2011 11:54 PM

The man works for haggerty insurance and the car had been a company car. I spoke with some of the haggerty guys at Hershey and they said on the last night of the swap meet, they had a big party and the company car was given to the guy to keep. Rumor was he was wanting to start another project. He joked with a Packard.

Model A Man 10-14-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F&J (Post 288663)
Any advice on how/where to get full time daily driver coverage? Last time I checked with non-antique insurance co's, they would not offer fire/theft. And I though all antique insurance co's won't allow full time use?

I had thought from the first day it was odd, because Haggerty doesn't offer insurance to allow you to drive you antique car as an everyday car. to me it was like saying "do as I say not as I do"

dumb person 10-14-2011 03:28 AM

Somebody told me to sell my modern & get a model A as a daily driver. i believe he is right except for the price of gas, otherwise i would do it.

Glenn of northport 10-14-2011 08:25 AM

The best part of his 365 days was him driving in the winter we have a lot of wind and snow in northern Michigan.My hat is off to Jonathon.

Gumpy 10-14-2011 09:44 AM

I love it when a person makes a commitment to doing somthing and follows through...took me 11 yrs to build a car one time! good job!

CaceyB 10-14-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Model A Man (Post 288765)
I had thought from the first day it was odd, because Haggerty doesn't offer insurance to allow you to drive you antique car as an everyday car. to me it was like saying "do as I say not as I do"

This car wasn't insured by Hagerty. Someone had asked him about that and he told them it was insured by a regular policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlen (Post 288759)
The man works for haggerty insurance and the car had been a company car. I spoke with some of the haggerty guys at Hershey and they said on the last night of the swap meet, they had a big party and the company car was given to the guy to keep. Rumor was he was wanting to start another project. He joked with a Packard.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a company car, he spoke of searching for a car to purchase online while he was preparing for this. He also met up with the person he bought the car from at an AACA meeting a little while ago.

Just sharing what I know,

Cacey

twinjoan 10-14-2011 10:37 PM

I would love to have a good picture print of your rear view of car in snow as I always send such pictures on cards(if I can find them) for Christmas Cards. For some reason my printer prints your pictures very green. The colors are better on the computer screen. Do you have any actual pictures available. [email protected]

HOTRODPRIMER 10-16-2011 08:22 AM

I met Jonathan just a few months before his year long experiment with the Mighty Model A and kept up with the blog on a almost daily basis.

His dedication and determination has been nothing short of inspiring and has probably been the determining factor in more than a few hearty individuals to pickup where this year long adventure has left off with one of their own.

Congratulations Jonathan,, HRP

cars56 10-16-2011 10:34 AM

Going to certainly miss it
Learned alot by reading the daily blogs