The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New guy here (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204817)

a_crazy 09-17-2016 08:56 AM

New guy here

Howdy folks. my name is Wendell. I am looking for folks in southeastern New Hampshire ( I live in Epping,NH ) to make friends and talk about the mighty model A (1928-1931).
Ideally I would like to find folks that would let me sit in their beloved Model A to just see what it is like.
Sincerely, Wendell B. Sanborn

Art Newland 09-17-2016 11:07 AM

Re: New guy here

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_crazy (Post 1355779)
Howdy folks. my name is Wendell. I am looking for folks in southeastern New Hampshire ( I live in Epping,NH ) to make friends and talk about the mighty model A (1928-1931).
Ideally I would like to find folks that would let me sit in their beloved Model A to just see what it is like.
Sincerely, Wendell B. Sanborn

Howdy Wendell, welcome to the Barn. It really is a treat to to be able to get into some of the different body styles of the A. I have a 30 coupe, would really love to own a pickup but heard they were a tight fit for us over 6 feet tall. I attended a Model A get-together this summer and a kind gentleman allowed me to set in his 31 pickup. I could get in there but it wasn't too comfy, '29 pickup... no way! I swapped keys with a friend that owned a '29 Pheaton, luckily the top was down or I don't think I could've climbed in around the wheel/shifter. Drove a 30 Tudor with the after-market seat mounts to move the seat back... roomy!

bobpo1 09-17-2016 12:00 PM

Wendell, welcome to one of the, if not the greatest site in cyber land. Bet Ol' Henry would never have imagined that in the future, information pertaining to his beloved "Henry's Lady" would be floating all over the globe in cyber space.
I restored my '30 coupe starting in 2010 and it took 2 years doing it all by myself with the aid of this site. I had the body painted by a pro. This site is better than a Masters In Model A's in college.

Hope you enjoy the sport of Model A'ing as much as thousands of us all over the planet do. :p

C26Pinelake 09-17-2016 01:23 PM

welcome Wendell. Some people will let you sit in their A while others are paranoid about you marking their precious gem. Most thank goodness are not the later group. Wayne

a_crazy 09-17-2016 08:49 PM

Well thanks fellas, I really do appreciate your response .

nhusa 09-17-2016 09:24 PM

You are in for a fun trip with a Model A
Look at your messages and remember to bring coffee!

Keith True 09-18-2016 08:07 AM

I live in Epping.I drive around in a black roadster or a shiny red roadster pickup.Sometimes a dark maroon Tudor,but that is in the cellar right now getting the new interior put in it.On weekends you can find us at the sub shop on the corner downtown,and a couple of times a week at Pams restaurant for lunch.On good days I am almost always in the A.My friend always used to come in his A,but he just had his leg lopped off and can no longer drive it.

JohnLaVoy 09-18-2016 08:53 AM

I live on the other side of the country but welcome! I suggest you go to www.mafca.com and search for chapters in the area. That would give you some local contacts. You have found a great group of folks in the Model A hobby, looking forward to seeing you on a tour soon!

holdover 09-18-2016 09:08 AM

A crazy, Welcome aboard.. As already said check out and sit in the different Model As so you can get a feel for room. If there are more than two of you consider a model that will seat more than two, so as you don't leave anyone behind.

A note of caution though, they will become a part of your life and you'll most likey want more than one.

'29 coupe, '29 CCPU, 31 AA long bed, '30 AA short bed in process of being restored..

a_crazy 09-18-2016 02:32 PM

Thanks for your suggestion and greeting.

Chuck Sea/Tac 09-18-2016 02:39 PM

Is that your delivery in your avatar? If so, are you trying to find another A that's easier to drive? Welcome, Chuck

a_crazy 09-18-2016 02:44 PM

Sadly it is not my delivery truck. I do not own a Mighty Model A yet. sorry for being misleading. also I am not Michigan J Frog... but I can sing a little like him. lol

Chuck Sea/Tac 09-18-2016 02:56 PM

Take your time looking for one, and join a club. It will pay off!!!!

mshmodela 09-18-2016 03:01 PM

Wendell,

Welcome to the Ford Barn yeah I'm sure there's plenty of people that will let you sit in their cars. There's something magical about them...

a_crazy 09-18-2016 03:12 PM

thanks fellas!!:)