The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ford Barn Swap Meet problem (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50110)

TonyM 10-12-2011 10:10 AM

Ford Barn Swap Meet problem

The Fordbarn Swap Meet is a nightmare for folks looking for complete autos. I have had it with wading through the hundreds of gear shift knobs and intakes and window regulators before I see an ad for a complete car. The way the Ford Barn Swap is set up makes it a major time waster. Perhaps FordBarn can separate the Swap so that guys with complete cars can buy or sell on a dedicated sub forum? I really don't use the swap here because of the amount of time involved. The setup I suggested works good at EFV8 classified forum.

TM

JM 35 Sedan 10-12-2011 11:43 AM

Re: Ford Barn Swap Meet problem

Send a pm to Ryan with your complaint and suggestion for improvement

FL&WVMIKE 10-12-2011 11:45 AM

TonyM ..........................
Over on the H.A.M.B., Ryan does have the "Parts" section and the "Cars" sections separated.
Perhaps he could be persuaded to separate them here too !
MIKE :)

Shadetree 10-12-2011 12:42 PM

Tony,
Go over to Search in Swap Meet, type in `cars for sale'. It will narrow your search to three pages. There are other ads too but this will help.

Shadetree

TonyM 10-12-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadetree (Post 287847)
Tony,
Go over to Search in Swap Meet, type in `cars for sale'. It will narrow your search to three pages. There are other ads too but this will help.

Shadetree

Thanks buddy!

I'll try it that way.

TonyM.

PeteVS 10-13-2011 05:26 AM

I rarely use it, but I've noticed that if I do a search on something like "32 tudor seat," it lists everything with a "32" in it, everything with a "tudor" in it and everything with a "seat" in it. I think some other sites (Epay?) allow you to do a search for either ALL the words or ANY of the words. It even allows you to list words that you don't want, such as look for "32 frame" and omit any with the word "license" so you don't have to wade through 200 "32 license frames."

36tbird 10-13-2011 06:27 AM

I guess you guys who "have had it" might go and set up your own forums.;)

TonyM 10-13-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 36tbird (Post 288234)
I guess you guys who "have had it" might go and set up your own forums.;)

See post # 5.

TM

Gumpy 10-13-2011 10:06 AM

thats a good idea Mike separate the parts from the automobiles for sale like other sites!

Flat Ernie 10-13-2011 10:26 AM

Try posting this in questions & suggestions to the editor forum...

PhoenixFear 10-13-2011 10:38 AM

Have you tried putting your terms in with parentheses around the words? I just searched "33 Ford pickup" in the early V8s for sale and got only 3 hits.
Some searches on certain forums won't do the search operations, I'm thinking this one does.

TonyM 10-13-2011 11:50 AM

Thanks to all who helped.

TM