The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model T (1909-1927) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Duz Does It (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48354)

Ryan 09-22-2011 10:30 AM

Duz Does It

https://www.fordbarn.com/wp-content/u...011/09/duz.jpg

Check this out... It's the Duz delivery truck parked outside the St. James Hotel in Washington D.C. sometime around 1925.

Click below for a high resolution shot:

To read the rest of this blog entry from The Ford Barn, click here.

raprice 09-22-2011 05:12 PM

Re: Duz Does It

I never get tired of seeing old car photos. Thanks.
Rog

John Kennedy 09-23-2011 07:00 AM

Back when a spare tire was literally nothing more than a spare tire!
"Duz". See? Even ebonics ghetto-slang is traditional!

Glenn Thoreson 09-24-2011 07:34 PM

I remember Duz laundry detergent very well. It was around for a long time, along with other long gone brands. Anyone remember Sunbeam bread? I think it's still sold in some parts of the country. It had a cute litle girl on the wrapper taking a bite out of a slice. The runner up for the Little Miss Sunbeamcontest photo shoot lives across the street from me. She still has all her photos from the contest. There never was a Duz girl, but they had some snappy radio ads. We used to watch the radio a lot before the TV came around. I'll shut up now. :D

greywarden 12-07-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raprice (Post 277759)
I never get tired of seeing old car photos. Thanks.
Rog

it brings back the old memories,the time when you still have it and why the hell did we sell it. -that was the most unforgettable line said by my father.hahaha :D

i wonder if someone has this truck running until now. if yes how can they manage to keep it running and maintaining it. this old vintage truck are more jaw dropping to me than seeing a sports car.
anyway i found something which can be helpful to us if you are looking for truck parts

Layden B 12-07-2011 11:53 AM

Spare tire on this is mounted on a rim and inflated. The lugs where it bolts to the wheel are showing.

FL&WVMIKE 12-07-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Thoreson (Post 278874)
I remember Duz laundry detergent very well. It was around for a long time, along with other long gone brands. Anyone remember Sunbeam bread? I think it's still sold in some parts of the country. It had a cute litle girl on the wrapper taking a bite out of a slice. The runner up for the Little Miss Sunbeamcontest photo shoot lives across the street from me. She still has all her photos from the contest. There never was a Duz girl, but they had some snappy radio ads. We used to watch the radio a lot before the TV came around. I'll shut up now. :D

GLENN ...................
A lot of people won't catch the "watch the radio" statement. I can remember the visions, from watching the radio, much more vivid than the early TV shows.
MIKE :)

[email protected] 12-07-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE (Post 320507)
GLENN ...................
A lot of people won't catch the "watch the radio" statement. I can remember the visions, from watching the radio, much more vivid than the early TV shows.
MIKE :)

It's funny you say that Mike, I thought the same thing, but I'll bet more people catch it than you imagine. I remember watching "The Shadow", "The Lone Ranger" and others.

Jerry Huntngton Beach 12-07-2011 07:31 PM

"DUZ DOES EVERYTHING" A couple of things on my body (and I don't mean my model A) that could use this stuff.

Jerry

redmodelt 12-07-2011 09:27 PM

Back in the 70's there was a station in Portland OR that carried a lot of "old time radio" shows. I watched a lot of them! :)

Junknshit 12-07-2011 11:30 PM

I watched the radio til I was in my teens. I'd still rather watch the radio than what is on the TV nowadays.

Model T Monte 12-09-2011 11:26 AM

My Grandparents only watched the radio at noon every day and you better SHUSH IT !