The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Recommendation of Billy Myers of CT (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134846)

Stinch 03-23-2014 06:51 PM

Recommendation of Billy Myers of CT

Many thanks to Billy Myers who has a Model A machine and repair shop just west of Bradley Airport in East Granby, Connecticut. After seeing my post regarding the frustration that I was having with my rear brake backing plates, he offered to help me out on short notice. Took my backing plates up to his shop today and Billy was able to remove the stubborn brake camshaft pins and resolve the problem. Turns out the repop dust rings are too thick and were binding. Years ago when I had assembled the levers, I assumed the dust rings would expand to the correct size but that was not the case. He took some material off the inside of the levers and installed new pins. The levers are now working great. In addition, he found a few of my brake tracks needed to be built up and corrected that as well. Now my backing plates are just about ready for paint and reassembly.

I’ve also been having problems getting the steering box adjusted after I had installed new gears. Brought that along as well and he was able to get it adjusted and working great in no time. I’d recommended Billy if you need work done on just about any Model A repairs either mechanical or body.

Rich

spdway1 03-23-2014 07:36 PM

Re: Recommendation of Billy Myers of CT

Who knew about his services...only 15 miles away...Had no idea, having Model A's for 24 years. :eek:

Cider Mill 03-24-2014 06:35 AM

I'm in the market to find a good body shop for several of my cars - good to know.

Ted Duke 03-24-2014 06:54 AM

Isn't the FORDBARN a wonderful resource?

Ted

billy myers 03-24-2014 07:24 PM

thank you stinch:D a pleasure glad to help good luck with your project

spdway1 03-26-2014 08:15 PM

Billy: TWO PM's sent

Stinch 03-26-2014 09:33 PM

Give him a call at 8608835290

rniez 04-07-2014 12:11 PM

Based on your post above, I gave Billy a call and he was able to press some pedal bushings on for me. He did it within a day at a fair price. He has a nice setup, knows Model A's and I recommend him highly.

Mitch//pa 04-07-2014 12:12 PM

word of mouth is the best advertisement ..

redmodelt 04-07-2014 12:16 PM

Re the metal dust rings. I was having the same problem. Someone suggested using just O rings. That seems to be working fine. If one breaks, it's just a matter of taking off the rod and sliding a new one on.