The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model As News? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145905)

Maclab58 08-01-2014 05:55 PM

Model As News?

Anyone receive their new issue?

jkcrosson 08-01-2014 06:28 PM

Re: Model As News?

Nope.

latecomer 08-01-2014 06:44 PM

hang on guys i understand that helen has been under the weather. IT wont be long before it comes. latecomer

jkcrosson 08-01-2014 07:07 PM

I wasn't being critical, just answering the question. Below is a message our club received from MARC.

As of today July 29th, the May June Issue of the Model A News is at the printer. It will be mailing within the next couple of days.
We thank you for your patience in this matter and are working to get everything back on schedule. This occurred due to our Editor Helen Ehrenhofer having some back problems.
Thank you for your understanding.
Model A Restorers Club

OC Dave 08-12-2014 07:09 PM

Got mine today.

oldguy41 08-13-2014 07:51 AM

Got the Model A News on Monday, Aug 11 2014

Ron/IA 08-13-2014 08:19 AM

Received mine yesterday.

Franchise_24 08-13-2014 09:00 AM

Sounds like they need to have a backup plan in place and not depend on just one person so that the whole operation doesn't go down.

msmaron 08-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franchise_24 (Post 926854)
Sounds like they need to have a backup plan in place and not depend on just one person so that the whole operation doesn't go down.

The entire operation is NOT Down, and Ken has been working daily on getting everything done and been doing an outstanding job at it...Its a MAGAZINE and it will get to everyone as soon as possible...

msmaron 08-13-2014 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the post that was sent out by the National

peters180a/170b 08-13-2014 03:15 PM

Franchise ...... Next time they ask for help [backup] hope you put your name in the hat...This is a hobby not a business and should be treated as such. This Publication of the MARC took off in a super way.. when Helen / Ken took over . If you can't wait join MAFCA , A.A.C.A. and get Hemmings ..That should keep you busy until MARC mag. comes...

RobertB 08-13-2014 03:43 PM

Got mine, read it, put it in the bathroom library.

Fred 08-13-2014 04:35 PM

I got mine on Sat.the 9th..

Franchise_24 08-13-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peters180a/170b (Post 927139)
Franchise ...... Next time they ask for help [backup] hope you put your name in the hat...This is a hobby not a business and should be treated as such. This Publication of the MARC took off in a super way.. when Helen / Ken took over . If you can't wait join MAFCA , A.A.C.A. and get Hemmings ..That should keep you busy until MARC mag. comes...

No thanks, I don't belong to any of the national clubs nor do I want to.

peters180a/170b 08-13-2014 06:20 PM

So you don't belong to MARC... But make a comment on how it should run... with a back up plan and not just 1 person... That 1 person fills a lot of shoes. thank you. and 1 i wish i could fill.

Franchise_24 08-13-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peters180a/170b (Post 927312)
So you don't belong to MARC... But make a comment on how it should run... with a back up plan and not just 1 person... That 1 person fills a lot of shoes. thank you. and 1 i wish i could fill.

I'm done, obviously you have a problem with people having an opinion! All I see is people saying their May magazine coming out in August. Hopefully its not a monthly book, or yes it's very behind.

Maclab58 08-13-2014 08:30 PM

I started this thread since I was a new member of MARC and had only received one issue of the magazine. Granted this is a hobby and I truly love it! That being said I agree as a member that there should be a backup plan when situations like this occur. No it didn't kill me having to wait but MARC does have a responsibility to its dues paying members. Advertisers pay for their adds to be run on schedule and members that are trying sell items are trying to do so in a timely manner. This is not an attack on Helen and I appreciate all of her hard work. There just needs to be a plan B

msmaron 08-14-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franchise_24 (Post 927370)
I'm done, obviously you have a problem with people having an opinion! All I see is people saying their May magazine coming out in August. Hopefully its not a monthly book, or yes it's very behind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maclab58 (Post 927404)
I started this thread since I was a new member of MARC and had only received one issue of the magazine. Granted this is a hobby and I truly love it! That being said I agree as a member that there should be a backup plan when situations like this occur. No it didn't kill me having to wait but MARC does have a responsibility to its dues paying members. Advertisers pay for their adds to be run on schedule and members that are trying sell items are trying to do so in a timely manner. This is not an attack on Helen and I appreciate all of her hard work. There just needs to be a plan B

BOTH OF YOU:
There is a plan B..its called KEN her husband and he has basically dropped everything to get this done, so with your dues in hand you can be sure you magazine will be out as soon as possible, He is and the board are quite aware of the situation on this and sometimes things like illness is beyond our control, with a publication as great as this you can afford to wait a bit I hope, if not well....sorry but in my opinion its worth the wait...and the advertisers are quite aware of what is going on right now.

Benson 08-14-2014 11:20 AM

I was at Bert's yesterday and Steve has the May/June issue ....

so they are on the way!!

Charles Coe 08-14-2014 11:33 AM

I got mine this week.