The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Flathead parts available from Ford (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48804)

Jeff/Illinois 09-27-2011 03:42 PM

Flathead parts available from Ford

-=-

Gary in La. 09-27-2011 04:24 PM

Re: Flathead parts available from Ford

Many people call the "3 hole" green bible a reprint which it was,but it was reprinted by Ford. I used to find these new in many old dealership parts rooms in the '70's and '80's when I was searching out NOS obsolete parts. Some of these dealers had 5 & 6 sitting on the shelf never opened.

Henry Floored 09-27-2011 05:20 PM

My father carried a Ford Authorized Remanufactured Flathead V8 throughout the 1970's as a replacement engine for trucks cars and industrial applications that were still in use in those days.

Barry-ct 09-27-2011 06:33 PM

When I was a Ford parts manager into the mid 90's, you could get many parts still. For my 50 F-1, I got pedal pads, jack crank handle, license plate bracket, LD 3 speed tranny parts, steering box seals and bushings, vac line fittings, spark plugs, all sorts of nuts and bolts, misc hardware items. more that I can't remember. Many of these items were still being used on later model stuff. The pedal pads and jack crank were used on the C model cab overs right up into the 70's when the trucks were phased out of production. Yes, the good old days at Ford!

Frank Miller 09-27-2011 06:55 PM

As early as 1976 I could not buy the Gt light bars for my 66 Mustang. At 10 years old the car was becoming collectible.

FL&WVMIKE 09-27-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois (Post 280360)
Walts37 is selling a 'Green Bible' on the swap meet side. It got me to thinking about my days as a Ford Parts Manager at the local dealership back in the mid-70's. You could order the Green Bible on the regular weekly Ford parts order still. That's how I got mine. One farmer came in one day and we were able to order him a gasket kit and a set of intake and exhaust valves for his '49 Ford pickup that he was overhauling. I had the '29 Tudor then and was able to get front wheel bearings, races, rear wheel seals, spark plugs, and a Zenith carb rebuild kit!

Ah, the good old days. Neat that 40 plus years later Ford still supplied at least high wear parts for Model A's and Flatheads! Wonder if they still have some of these parts today? If you were armed with Walt's book you could take part numbers in and at least have them cross-referenced.

I won't go into the Shelby parts, Boss engine parts, and the like,,,you could still get all of the parts for them I did for my brother-in-law!!

Jeff/Illinois .........................
Back in the 70s, a buddy of mine and I were buying and selling Ford parts. One of the items we sold, was the Green Book. We bought them from Ford for $8.00 and sold them for $25.00. I still have a couple.
MIKE :)

Wily Kyote 09-28-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE (Post 280568)
Jeff/Illinois .........................
Back in the 70s, a buddy of mine and I were buying and selling Ford parts. One of the items we sold, was the Green Book. We bought them from Ford for $8.00 and sold them for $25.00. I still have a couple.
MIKE :)

Yes. And then (mid '70s) Ford found out about it and got so pissed off they quit stocking Gt light bars for the 66 Mustang. Thanks a lot, Mike.