The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   White plastic 6 blade fan with v belt pulley (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134186)

earbleeder 03-16-2014 02:34 PM

White plastic 6 blade fan with v belt pulley

Does anyone know where I can get the older style white plastic 6 blade fan? It is a 4 bolt mount and is on a reddish colored v belt pulley. I just want an extra blade. I did a search and found that Steve S posted that Dennis Cling sells a serpentine system with a white plastic blade that looks like the one I have but I don't know if its the same type/bolt pattern. Any advice?
Thanks

1931 flamingo 03-16-2014 06:19 PM

Re: White plastic 6 blade fan with v belt pulley

Contact Dennis...............................
Paul

28ACoupe 03-16-2014 08:01 PM

Why not go with the proper fan for the job? Plastic parts belong on plastic cars. Plastic fans are just fugly on a Model A.

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-16-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28ACoupe (Post 842353)
Why not go with the proper fan for the job? Plastic parts belong on plastic cars. Plastic fans are just fugly on a Model A.

"FUGLY":eek:---I RESENT THAT:mad:!!!!!!!! Bill W.

Dusty 03-16-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 842371)
"FUGLY":eek:---I RESENT THAT:mad:!!!!!!!! Bill W.

Bill your back! I agree except mine is black:rolleyes: to follow up 28ACoupe I don't believe the OP ask opinions about how they would look

dusty

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-16-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty (Post 842374)
Bill your back! I agree except mine is black:rolleyes: to follow up 28ACoupe I don't believe the OP ask opinions about how they would look

dusty

Some controversial, non-productive, private opinions, are best, left in the keyboard, especially when they're NOT ASKED for. Don't ask me whut culor my sheets & pillow cases are!! Bill W.

Dusty 03-16-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 842389)
Some controversial, non-productive, private opinions, are best, left in the keyboard, especially when they're NOT ASKED for. Don't ask me whut culor my sheets & pillow cases are!! Bill W.

Yep!! Can you PM me about your sheets? Mine use to be white:rolleyes: If you don't tell me dog will:)

dusty

Willie Krash 03-16-2014 09:55 PM

Welcome back Bill..!

Mike V. Florida 03-16-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earbleeder (Post 842172)
Does anyone know where I can get the older style white plastic 6 blade fan? It is a 4 bolt mount and is on a reddish colored v belt pulley. I just want an extra blade. I did a search and found that Steve S posted that Dennis Cling sells a serpentine system with a white plastic blade that looks like the one I have but I don't know if its the same type/bolt pattern. Any advice?
Thanks

Why the white plastic one and not the 6 bladed fan the major vendors sell?

Joe K 03-16-2014 11:02 PM

Can the dog reply or is he now out on the tether permanently?

Good to have you back.

Joe K

colin1928 03-17-2014 12:18 AM

Specialty Motor Cams Bill Stripe have those fans and pulleys

Buster we missed your intelligence here

Jordan 03-17-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 842416)
Why the white plastic one and not the 6 bladed fan the major vendors sell?

my guess would be to be able to see it spinning while it's running against the black radiator so not to get your hand caught in it.

Mitch//pa 03-17-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

i bet the house that they are black... what did i win?

CarlG 03-17-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin1928 (Post 842445)
Specialty Motor Cams Bill Stripe have those fans and pulleys...

I just got the fan/pulley set from Bill Stipe. The fan is a modified plastic Flex-A-Lite fan, but it is black, not white. Haven't put them on yet, so can't attest to operation. It is a different looking fan from the ones the vendors have, and is suppose to "flatten out" at the higher RPM, providing less drag on the engine.

Bill Lee/Virginia 03-17-2014 10:44 AM

I piddled with my Model A for nearly 20 years and never touched the turning fan. All of a sudden I touched it twice in the same week. Stupid, double stupid me! The second time, my trigger finger nail looked like the notched blade of a hand saw. Hurt like hell! I painted the last 2 inches of the blades yellow and can see the fan turning many feet away. Please be careful, I was lucky with only finger nail damage.
Bill Lee/Virginia Peninsula

Purdy Swoft 03-17-2014 11:02 AM

I painted the fan red on my sept 29, just to make it look purty. I also removed 3/4 inch from each blade for more clearance and power!!!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...world/Sept.jpg

Mikeinnj 03-17-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Some controversial, non-productive, private opinions, are best, left in the keyboard, especially when they're NOT ASKED for........

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-17-2014 02:01 PM

While working for many years on cars with plastic fans, I found that if you accidentally hit your elbow or hand or fingers on the BACKSIDE ONLY, it just goes "BRRRP" & doesn't injure you!!----Bill W.

scooder 03-17-2014 04:27 PM

As to all the questions that arnt answering the guys question "why not black" "why not original" and suchlike. I don't know the actual answer to his question, but I read his question and I deduced from the sentences and language he used, is that he wants a replacement/ spare that will fit on his pulley.
I can't stand laurel and hardey, but that's not answering his question either.
So to help, could anybody answer his question?
Glad to be of service.
Martin.

Purdy Swoft 03-17-2014 09:32 PM

I believe that post # 11 tells where to locate the part in question.