The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sad News...AV8Paul (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29162)

V8COOPMAN 02-17-2011 02:17 PM

Sad News...AV8Paul

It's being reported on the HAMB that Paul Howard passed-away yesterday. This is so sad. You'll be missed! Condolences to his family. DD

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=561828

oldskool 02-17-2011 02:38 PM

Re: Sad News...AV8Paul

im kinda new around here and never meet the gentlemen but still sad to here the bad news,at least he went fast and didn't have to suffer and was enjoying what he loved in his final hours,my thoughts and prayers go out to his wife,family and friends.RIP paul

~~Walts37~~ 02-17-2011 02:43 PM

I am very sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know. Mythoughts and prayers go out to Marge and Paul's family and friends. ~~Walts37~~

CP 02-17-2011 02:47 PM

cant believe it. he was a member of a group i was invited to last summer. He was one on the nicest guys in the group. last i heard he went to arizona and broke down and was helped by many ford barn members. So sad. cp

TomT/Williamsburg 02-17-2011 02:57 PM

This is indeed very sad news - a nicer man you could ever want to meet. He was true to his family, to his friends and to the hobby. Our condolences to his family and friends - he will be missed, there is no doubt about that. Rest in peace, Paul ....

Grandadeo 02-17-2011 03:08 PM

I'm floored! I just got a PM from Paul Tuesday night in which he said, "I am still in AZ. Having a ball doing roadster things." My thoughts and prayers go out to Marge and family. We all just lost one super guy.

Lee

Tim Ayers 02-17-2011 03:12 PM

Wow, unreal. He truly was one the fixtures around here and a great guy. My prayers to his family in their time of loss.

uncle max 02-17-2011 03:19 PM

Met Paul a time or two at Bonneville and was looking forward to this year.
Never met a nicer guy!
This just floors me... :(
Godspeed, Paul.

Grandadeo 02-17-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith oh (Post 162614)
I am sorry about Paul, real good guy. Hey Tim Ayers, am I supposed to hold this 37 gearshift knob for you or is you word not good.

Nice, I think that could have been dealt with outside this thread!

uncle max 02-17-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandadeo (Post 162616)
Nice, I think that could have been dealt with outside this thread!

... Couldn't agree more!!!!

Craig CT 02-17-2011 04:15 PM

Very sad, I live in CT and was hoping to meet Paul this spring or summer. My heart goes out to his family, Craig.

Ken Crans 02-17-2011 04:21 PM

What??? He was just on here a couple of weeks ago! Very sad. My prayers are out to the family. Ken

Hotrodladycrusr 02-17-2011 04:22 PM

OMG, I was just hanging out with him and his wife in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I'm shocked :(
My heartfelt condolences to his family and many legions of friends.

Lawson Cox 02-17-2011 04:25 PM

I never met Paul, but I really enjoyed his posts and how he really enjoyed the hobby.

Flathead 02-17-2011 04:42 PM

I used to have a repair shop on Cape Cod, Paul would come by sometimes and we would talk old Fords. I had not seen him since I moved away, but followed him on the Barn. He was a great guy, and 100% a gentleman. I am truly saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his wife and family.

Ford46 02-17-2011 04:47 PM

I think the legacy Paul leaves is that of a good husband, father, grandfather and friend. I have yet to hear or meet a person who knew Paul that did not have only good things to say about him. He was a true gentleman, man how he loved his family, and his AV8 Roadster. I'm glad he was in Arizona and having a ball, able to drive his roadster with his wife. My thoughts and prayers to Marge and his family. LouB.

Mike in Mass 02-17-2011 04:50 PM

I can,t believe it ,,I don,t want to believe it was looking forward to seeing him at the next old cars meeting . sent him a PM on here joking about his "long strange trip" when he broke down in Oklahoma .posted on here lookin for a tow company .next thing you know a fellow Barner offerd to take his car down ther for nothin ! this place IS like a family. EVERYONE alway helpin each other ,an offering free advice . He was one of the good guys. My thoughts an prays go out to the family let me be honored by closing with his sayin IF ITS TOO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD Rest in Peace Paul

Mike..Yorba Linda 02-17-2011 04:57 PM

Sad news...I just had a good conversation with Paul @ GNRS....A great guy....RIP Paul.....

ken ct 02-17-2011 05:05 PM

This is indeed bad news.I always thought of him as a younger guy. Anybody know how old he was? my condolences to the family. ken ct + ma.

Walt Dupont--Me. 02-17-2011 05:23 PM

I've been working in my shop all day, it's 5:15 pm. right now. I just had 2 calls out in my shop about Paul. I couldn't believe it. He just e-mail me a couple of days ago. He called me 2-3 time from AZ this winter. I had to come right in the house and check the barn. Paul was a very good friend, he would come up to Me. 3-4 time every summer. I feel so bad I'm fighting back tears and feel sick. I feel bad for Marge, they both were the best people you'll ever meet. RIP Walt