The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A tech advisors team from Paul Shinn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308880)

Eccentric Old Guy 01-16-2022 08:52 AM

Model A tech advisors team from Paul Shinn

Just a little head's up on this. Might be handy for getting technical information and answers to your model A questions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JziL3XzJ-Q

McMimmcs 01-16-2022 09:42 AM

Re: Model A tech advisors team from Paul Shinn

What are his credentials ??

baba 01-16-2022 10:21 AM

Watch the video and that will answer your question about credentials. I have seen a great many of his personal videos and he is very knowledgeable. You will enjoy them and this new group sounds fantastic.

GPierce 01-16-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 2095395)
What are his credentials ??

Watch his video’s.
His video on installing the Mitchell Overdrive made my installation much easier.

Curtis in MA 01-16-2022 12:22 PM

I think I like posting questions here better.
Email is sort of like a PM, not all benefit from it.

Y-Blockhead 01-16-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis in MA (Post 2095450)
I think I like posting questions here better.
Email is sort of like a PM, not all benefit from it.

Curtis, That was my first thought and I am in total agreement with you. For a personalized answer this is great but it does nothing to help other Model A pilots.

Eccentric Old Guy 01-16-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead (Post 2095471)
Curtis, That was my first thought and I am in total agreement with you. For a personalized answer this is great but it does nothing to help other Model A pilots.

I agree with getting answers right here on this forum, but Shinn's team of experts is just one more resource available to us.....especially when the experts here don't always agree with the solutions. I've gotten answers to my questions on this forum, and it's my first choice because the responses are quick, but having other options is a good thing.....I think most of us can agree with that.... :)

eog

Brentwood Bob 01-16-2022 01:47 PM

Why not share the advice from the MAFCA experts here to pass on what was learned, applied, and the final results?

Bob C 01-16-2022 01:59 PM

Maybe set up a web site where the question and answers could be posted for all to see.

baba 01-16-2022 02:38 PM

[email protected]
I think Bob C's idea is great.
I have sent an email asking about a website as Bob suggested.

Oldbluoval 01-16-2022 02:59 PM

Sorry folks, YouTube posts are much better than words posted anywhere whether Model A or whatever. “Picture worth a thousand words “!?
Visuals are rather absolute and can be revisited.
Folks often call me to “talk about something” or “is this correct”….next thing I tell them is send me pics and I’ll try . What one says isn’t what another hears.
Just imho

Ruth 01-16-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldbluoval (Post 2095519)
Sorry folks, YouTube posts are much better than words posted anywhere whether Model A or whatever. “Picture worth a thousand words “!?
Visuals are rather absolute and can be revisited.
Folks often call me to “talk about something” or “is this correct”….next thing I tell them is send me pics and I’ll try . What one says isn’t what another hears.
Just imho

I agree, to a point. I have seen and /or heard some "advice on youtube videos that is incorrect and should not be done.

P.S. 01-16-2022 05:18 PM

One of the subscribers sent me a link to this and asked for my response.

I'm flattered that this is even worthy of a thread here. Thank you.

I have no desire to compete with this or any other web forum. I am only trying to help those who are already reaching out to me for help via email. Consider it an additional resource, not a competing one, please.

Leyland 01-16-2022 11:07 PM

I think this is another great avenue to help others get the help they need. Not everyone likes the forums and search feature. I’ve watched most of Pauls videos, and they have helped me a great deal this winter, even my wife enjoys his humour!

An idea for Paul and the gang, maybe there is an opportunity to have a sticky thread in this forum where the emailed questions, and the response/answers, could be posted for others information. This way they could be searched for the knowledge sharing for those using this forum also

Big hammer 01-17-2022 06:22 AM

Like what has been said, a picture is worth a thousand words! A video is like a thousand pictures! P.S. thanks for your time making your videos!! I watched a u-tube when I haven’t done something just to get an idea of what I’am in for, yes sometimes I find easier ways but with out a video I might not even try working on a issue.

baba 01-17-2022 08:53 AM

I got an answer from Paul and he said the MACA site has or will have a section set aside for the Q and A.

shew01 01-17-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big hammer (Post 2095713)
Like what has been said, a picture is worth a thousand words! A video is like a thousand pictures! P.S. thanks for your time making your videos!! I watched a u-tube when I haven’t done something just to get an idea of what I’am in for, yes sometimes I find easier ways but with out a video I might not even try working on a issue.

Agreed. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. 01-17-2022 10:54 AM

The unique questions and answers will appear on the MAFCA website. We added Tom Jeanes and Dave Vestal to the team yesterday. More experts whom you haven't heard from in a while are being added. However, I suspect my dad will be the rock star of the group. He is turning 92.

McMimmcs 01-17-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead (Post 2095471)

I agree with you. At the present time I only go to a book when necessary because the barn is so convenient.

TomInCologne 01-17-2022 11:43 AM

Don't be so negative guys, i personally learned a lot from Pauls Videos and they became part of my everyday life, just listening to them running in the background whilst driving through germany. I am pretty sure that the new format will be something where you can learn from... maybe not you personally, but somebody else.

I am looking forward to it...