The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Non-Tittled in Missouri (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147360)

39 STD 08-18-2014 05:34 PM

Non-Tittled in Missouri

I have a friend, here in Missouri, that's looking at a 33 truck. It's a barn/field find, without a tittle. What are the red tape hoops that can be expected in Missouri?

34Fordtk 08-18-2014 05:36 PM

Re: Non-Tittled in Missouri

Your best bet without a lot of maybe's and should be's is to go to Missouri DMV web site and look it up or for a quick answer call your local dmv inspector and ask what it takes.

JSeery 08-18-2014 05:44 PM

In Kansas for all cars before a certain date all it takes is sending the frame numbers to the state and they send you a title. But have no idea about Missouri, so it would be best to check with a DMV office.

39 STD 08-18-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 34Fordtk (Post 930097)
Your best bet without a lot of maybe's and should be's is to go to Missouri DMV web site and look it up or for a quick answer call your local dmv inspector and ask what it takes.

MO DWV web was no help. The first thing I told him was to call the local DMV office. I thought that someone from Missouri may have been thru the process.

ora masters 08-19-2014 03:43 PM

what state is truck in

39 STD 08-19-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ora masters (Post 930622)
what state is truck in

" Missouri "

ora masters 08-19-2014 05:03 PM

sorry if it was out of state i could help

waterboychuck 08-19-2014 05:35 PM

In Washington state where I live it's suppose to take up to 3 years to get a title. I stay away from those cars/trucks.

Call your local office and ask some questions.

john hamilton 08-20-2014 01:54 PM

Brought a non-titled, bill of sale AA into Missouri. Visit the DMV office in person with your bill of sale and whatever you have.

If it doesn't work come back later and make sure you get a different agent.

Dress appropriately. You need for them to think you are an honest, responsible person who they can trust. Don't call or use the internet. It's easy for them to brush you off if you can't see them.

Worked for me in St Louis. They do usually want to help you but you have to go at least half way. Good luck.

moonshine runner 08-20-2014 06:06 PM

39 STD,

Here's a link to the Missouri DOR. Maybe you can get answers here.

http://dor.mo.gov/

I have bought a few old cars from out of state and Missouri requires an OD/ID where an inspection office verifies the VIN or serial # against what's on the title.

I've never brought one in with no title.

Kevin

moonshine runner 08-20-2014 06:14 PM

I did buy a 46 Chevy a few years ago, from a guy in Wyoming. There was no serial # plate on the right floor board and Chevy used to title the cars off the engine #.

Well, the engine had been traded out with another one but I had a title with the original serial # on it but no way to do the OD/ID.

I ended up at the local Missouri Highway Patrol Troop office where they inspected the car, completed a form that was sent to the DOR in Jefferson City, and they issued a new VIN#.

Once the plate arrived at the Highway Patrol office, I took the car back out there and the inspector attached the new Missouri issued VIN # plate.

Kevin

JSeery 08-20-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonshine runner (Post 931255)
39 STD,

Here's a link to the Missouri DOR. Maybe you can get answers here.

http://dor.mo.gov/

I have bought a few old cars from out of state and Missouri requires an OD/ID where an inspection office verifies the VIN or serial # against what's on the title.

I've never brought one in with no title.

Kevin

Don't think it's an out of state car, it's in Missouri.

moonshine runner 08-20-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeery (Post 931273)
Don't think it's an out of state car, it's in Missouri.

My bad for assuming the vehicle was coming from out of state. If the vehicle was titled in Missouri and has always been in Missouri, it may not be too bad of an issue.

Kevin

moonshine runner 08-20-2014 06:56 PM

May have better luck just calling Missouri DOR in Jeff City and asking.

Kevin

JSeery 08-20-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonshine runner (Post 931285)
My bad for assuming the vehicle was coming from out of state. If the vehicle was titled in Missouri and has always been in Missouri, it may not be too bad of an issue.

Kevin

Physically located in Missouri, no title. In Kansas a bill or sale would work, but the question was what is required for a car without a title in Missouri.

JimTravis 08-26-2014 08:59 PM

Forget about it in Missouri. They will drive you crazy with the red-tape and you still will not have a title. Just speaking from experience. Find a reputiable title specilist and pay him $250 and you are done. You'll need make, model, vin # then have a od-id inspection to varify your new title to the vin# on the frame. Take it to the title office and transfer to your name.

Good luck