The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where's KUBE, lately? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130231)

V8COOPMAN 01-31-2014 09:14 AM

Where's KUBE, lately?

I've seen several 1940-related posts this week, but Kube has not chimed-in. DD

Zeke...PA 01-31-2014 09:26 AM

Re: Where's KUBE, lately?

Last post I saw had banned under his name ????? He is still posting on the V8 club site as of last week. Zeke.

4dFord/SC 01-31-2014 09:33 AM

Don't see him in the members list???

Old Henry 01-31-2014 09:53 AM

This was Kube's last straw: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125672
He had been warned time and again.
A lesson to all. Be nice or you're gone.

Too bad. He had a wealth of knowledge to share from vast experience. If you wanted it perfect mechanically he was the man to see. That source of knowledge will be missed.

Charlie ny 01-31-2014 10:38 AM

OH,
Yikes....I just read Mikes 'last straw' responses......it's a leaky stud for
cryin' out loud...........
Charlie ny

V8 Bob 01-31-2014 10:59 AM

KUBE is a very talented and knowledgeable restorer/builder of old Fords. He was, however, just not the nicest person with many people over the years. I'll miss his expertise, but not his attitude.

DD931 01-31-2014 11:00 AM

This is ridiculous. Mike Kubarth is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the early ford V8 community. He's the author of the V8 club's 1940 book, for heaven's sake. And, he's a gentleman. If he's banned from the site this whole thing is busted.

37 Coupe 01-31-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD931 (Post 814562)
This is ridiculous. Mike Kubarth is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the early ford V8 community. He's the author of the V8 club's 1940 book, for heaven's sake. And, he's a gentleman. If he's banned from the site this whole thing is busted.

I agree but it prooves that this is and has always been mostly a social site. Just like high school, some say Kube was a bully,if that is the case Henry you are definitely the "hall monitor"

Binx 01-31-2014 11:14 AM

There must have been more to it than what he wrote in Old Henry's post.

Lonnie

David J 01-31-2014 11:20 AM

Seems to me that's what he was pointing out . FWIW I'm with him on the not liking the long winded fuzzy-wuzzy endless ramblings that seem to be taking this place over . I don't do " facebook " or any of that BS . Info sites are what interest me - not BS central . David J
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 814549)
OH,
Yikes....I just read Mikes 'last straw' responses......it's a leaky stud for
cryin' out loud...........
Charlie ny

fottyjs 01-31-2014 11:22 AM

Did I miss something?....Where did Kube appear on this blog?.....

Vic Piano 01-31-2014 11:33 AM

The sharing of historical knowledge, technical expertise, etc. is what makes this site a valuable resource. Resorting to vulgarities in your responses is not! For those of you who appreciate KUBE, I understand he is still posting on the EFV8 Club web site.

Old Henry 01-31-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binx (Post 814573)
There must have been more to it than what he wrote in Old Henry's post.

Lonnie

There was. He had written the same to me in PM's and emails on this and the Early Ford V8 site until the monitors blocked such directly to me so he then put it on the public site. That was the last straw.

I have no hard feelings. As I said, he had a lot of good information to offer and such will be missed. I will look for him on the EFV8 site.

done4 01-31-2014 11:59 AM

Damn, Kube must of had a bad couple of days. I know him and he has always been a nice guy. I guess there are two different worlds, real and internet.

Old Henry 01-31-2014 12:12 PM

I have no doubt that Kube is a very nice guy and that in person he and I would get along nicely. But, there's something about the anonymity of the internet that makes one feel safe to hurl a grenade over a wall on top of someone that you only know bugs you for some reason when you don't really know how nice a guy they really are if you really knew them.

I hope to meet Kube in person some day and get to know him better.

DD931 01-31-2014 01:46 PM

OK. Henry and Kube got in an argument. I doubt all the blame lies on one side.

Can we get over it and get back to normal?

We will all be poorer not having Mike's expertise.

Firepower flyer 01-31-2014 01:48 PM

I'm geuessing he will be back,there's been guys that got banned on the HAMB that came back.It may be a week suspension.

3340 01-31-2014 02:08 PM

Wow! I Know Mike, He Has Always Been Very Helpful With Me And Others! A Nice Guy. This Is Real Loss, Hope He Can Come Back Some Time Soon. Wayne

Mart 01-31-2014 02:16 PM

When SouthUrn got banned from the HAMB it was for a week*. If Kube's banning is similar he will be back. He is a knowledgeable guy, and if he is able to come back that would be good. It may serve as a reminder though, to all of us, that no-one has the right to write bad things about other members. We all need to understand that other peoples skill levels and work methods may be different than our own, and that is not something to use to belittle the other.

Whatever happens, the sun will still come up in the morning.

Mart.

* It may have been a month, I'm not quite sure.

Old Henry 01-31-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mart (Post 814710)
. . . no-one has the right to write bad things about other members. We all need to understand that other people's skill levels and work methods may be different than our own, and that is not something to use to belittle the other.

Mart.

My sentiments exactly expressed here: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129629