The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wax & polish that leaves no residue (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58833)

Lawson Cox 01-13-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Wax & polish that leaves no residue

Yes, I learned the old toothbrush trick when I was in highschool, working at a filling station as a gopher.

With so many recommendations I am now really conflicted. I will just have to 'spearment myself I reckon.

Thanks for the input fellows.

ford38v8 01-13-2012 06:06 PM

There ya go again with another "down on the farm" saying. Us city folk don't speak the lingo, so please translate the old geezer jargon?

jdl 01-13-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 342944)
Does anyone remember Black Magic body filler that was produced in the early 60'S and maybe earlier. It was harder than steel and hard to work for a beginner like me. Marv

Yup, I sold lot's of it back in the early sixtys, the old time lead guy's were relulctant to switch over to palstic fillers.

I have been using Nu-Finish polish in the orange container, it's good but doe's leave white residue in cracks.

53F100Jeffie 01-13-2012 07:32 PM

Ford38v8,
I think he means ex-periment. Not to speak for anyone. I live in the country to!
Jeff

51 MERC-CT 01-13-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawson Cox (Post 342995)
Yes, I learned the old toothbrush trick when I was in highschool, working at a filling station as a gopher.

With so many recommendations I am now really conflicted. I will just have to 'spearment myself I reckon.

Thanks for the input fellows.

Can't get the 'spearience unless you 'spearment:):D

ford38v8 01-13-2012 07:50 PM

I see it now, Jeff! Didn't mean to malign the farmers, hope nobody took offense.

Old Henry 01-13-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Henry (Post 342887)
I've just bought the new top rated (by Consumer Reports) Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and will try it tonight and report.

The new Meguiar's went on and off real easy and didn't leave any white in the cracks. It doesn't seem quite as shiny as the Black Magic did but was a lot easier to work with. Of course, it's rated very low for durability. We'll have to see how that goes. Black Magic easily lasted a year or more and was as shiny after a year as when it went on and I mean wet look shiny.
Before using Black Magic for the last few years I used Nu Finish for years. It was really easy to put on and off and lasted a year but it left white in the cracks that had to be removed with toothpick or toothbrush. It is rated to last longest of all, even longer than the new Meguiar's I just tried, but I don't like having to scrape and scrub the white out of the cracks.

Butch11443 01-13-2012 10:39 PM

I use Black Color True. Doesn't leave the white stuff.
Butch

TRUCK_RAT 01-14-2012 07:28 AM

in the past ive found some polish that was made specifically for black cars and was supposed to help "fill" scratches. but it's been a while no telling if they even still make it.

richbud37811 01-14-2012 04:01 PM

Lawson try eagle one wax as you dry stuff works well dont leave the white resdue eather and works well try it on your reg driver then see if you like it .