The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Charlie N.Y. Band for life from Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316999)

Old Redneck 08-15-2022 07:52 AM

Charlie N.Y. Band for life from Ford Barn

He one of the nice's person I know. He has help a lot of us with our Fords. He has rebuilt all my Carbs even for my 32 which run perfect now. There not a mean body in him.This is not right.A big mistake this time

Tim Ayers 08-15-2022 07:56 AM

Re: Charlie N.Y. Band for life from Ford Barn

Wait, what? Why?

Joe Immler 08-15-2022 08:13 AM

Huh ???????????????????

tubman 08-15-2022 08:17 AM

Politics. It'll get ya' every time.

deuce lover 08-15-2022 08:18 AM

Is that what it was? If so its unfortunate.I searched under members and his user ID did not come up.

Tim Ayers 08-15-2022 08:19 AM

Jesus, man. I don't think I recall him making any overtly political statements on here, but I didn't read every one of his posts.

Banned for life though?

Ford Freak 08-15-2022 08:21 AM

What could he have done/said on here to deserve this?

Bill OH 08-15-2022 08:31 AM

I have dealt with him and he is honorable, trustworthy and reliable. I would hope that the ban is reversed.

1942deluxe 08-15-2022 08:31 AM

Say what???

tubman 08-15-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill OH (Post 2157394)
I have dealt with him and he is honorable, trustworthy and reliable. I would hope that the ban is reversed.

I totally agree with you, but you have to realize that any infusion of politics into a forum such as this is toxic if left unchecked and must be eliminated.

chap52 08-15-2022 08:50 AM

Sometimes we find ourselves back in Junior High School trying to identify which social group we want to identify with. Sad, indeed. Chap

pistonbroke 08-15-2022 08:54 AM

It's sad how easily people are offended these days . If we say something they don't agree with rather then say something constructive like I'm sorry but I don't feel that way or would you mind not talking here about that subject we just shut the door and never hear what they have to say. this is the wedge that is tearing our country apart folks . So much for hearing from all sides. I don't know what was said but it seems there should be a better and healthier way do things if we are to remain a strong country. I love this land and this makes me sick to my stomach. Tim

34pickup 08-15-2022 08:55 AM

I think it would be a good idea if Ryan would state the reason when a well respected member is banned. Not saying why only invites wrong speculation and does not serve as an example for others to not do the same offense.

RBRanche 08-15-2022 08:59 AM

It's not April 1st so I guess a detailed explanation from a administrator is in order. Charlie is one of the nicest guy's involved in this hobby and always willing to help someone out with advice or parts. If someone can't justify this action, maybe we should boycott this site until such and explanation is given. Even though I enjoy the information given, I can do without this site and figure things out other ways!

Robert/Texas 08-15-2022 09:17 AM

Charlie has rebuilt the distributors, carburetors and fuel pumps on my '34 and '37 Fords. They never ran better and his service was fairly priced and quick. I have also gleaned a lot of valuable information from him on this website. I sure hope that he can get back on it soon.

Ol' Ron 08-15-2022 09:27 AM

I've known Charley for a verrrrry long time, a real gentleman, willing to help anybody. I've had enough "Sad news"
Gramps

19Fordy 08-15-2022 09:54 AM

Hope this isn't true. What source provided this info.?
Sure hope the "cancel culture" hasn't infiltrated Fordbarn.
Charlie NY is a good man and an invaluable asset to us all.
Let's hope Ryan will talk with him privately and straighten this out for the benefit of all parties. Even sinners are forgiven.

Fritz 08-15-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 34pickup (Post 2157403)
I think it would be a good idea if Ryan would state the reason when a well respected member is banned. Not saying why only invites wrong speculation and does not serve as an example for others to not do the same offense.

Agreed. Charlie has helped me with little parts for free, unsolicited. If politics was the only reason he was banned, I wonder what other forums he is on. It is self-destructive to cast off productive contributors to the forum. I think we need more of the story.

TJ 08-15-2022 09:55 AM

I have no idea what was said by Charlie, but he is obviously a well respected member of this forum. I would think if there was a problem a warning would be in order, but not a ban from the forum. There has to be more to this story?

dono50 08-15-2022 09:58 AM

I have dealt with Charlie and will continue to do so.