The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Puyallup Meet and Judging (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145043)

foxfire42 07-22-2014 10:50 AM

Puyallup Meet and Judging

Thanks to all the judges in the Puyallup meet. My car was entered right out of restoration and I had little time to go over it before it rolled out on the floor. In fact it had zero miles on her and the mandatory tour was the first time it was on the road. I was hoping for lots of notes so I could correct my car and make it a better example, I got em and I've started my list of fixes.

The only complaint is some of the handwriting. :confused: I may need a handwriting interpreter :rolleyes:.............

P.S. 07-22-2014 10:58 AM

Re: Puyallup Meet and Judging

Ask a pharmacist for help. They have to read doctor's writing all the time.

mot 07-22-2014 11:56 AM

Barbara
your truck was awesome
both the workmanship and rarity
so happy to see you again
tom

dean from bozeman 07-22-2014 03:09 PM

Thanks to Alex Janke for getting the judging sheets back to us right after the banquet.

Thanks to the judges for a long day and lots of work.

Thanks to all those who put in the time and the work and brought a vehicle to be judged.

One thing that would really help is if the judges were told to state why a deduction was made. As in Barbara's case my car was a fresh restoration and in need of some fine tuning. If the judges find something incorrect it would help to know what to was/is. If points are deducted and nothing is written down it's anyone's guess on what needs to be done.

Again, thanks to all.

Dean

montanafordman 07-22-2014 04:24 PM

Thanks to all who participated. There were some great cars there! Congratulations on your achievements and it was great to meet you Barb and Dean! It was fun putting some faces to people around the barn.

-Aaron

spdway1 07-22-2014 04:29 PM

Show us your ride?

peters180a/170b 07-22-2014 04:50 PM

Dean , I had "why i had Deductions on my MARC sheets... most of them. Not a original battery , lower hoses [ early, early replacements i had] my original ones had some late minute leak due to cracks, Aries muffler , some cracks on my n.o.s. door straps ,a loose door handle [not much] but loose , a missing wire harness clip near the back of the car somewhere, and of course which i can not change unless i remove the body and restore the complete chassis again in a less gloss paint[ OR] over restored .....think its better then under restored[ L.O.L.] All in all i had a very nice time at French Lick which i set out to do... i did not go over the car that much in detail because i had my Henry already. Made my 2 corrections from the last French meet[wheel / hub cap.] and 5 changes due to the new standards... Coil [non ford script], steel gas filter to [glass], head light bar forged to [ stamped steel],carb. bottom bowl , pop out switch to Mid 1930 "ONLY" now i wait for Hershey ...park the car and go out to judge...

asapguy 07-24-2014 11:34 AM

Barb, it's nice to hear a positive note about the judging at Puyallup. I was a team captain for three areas & last night received a call from someone that was unhappy with the judging on one of those areas on his car that my team judged. Judging is subjective & we judges try to be fair & judge all cars the same. Judging at Puyallup was a long day I was up at 5:30 for the Judges Breakfast at 6:30 & didn't finish filling out the reports on my team members until almost 5PM. This is all volunteer work so thanks again for your posting. There were six of us on my team, we divided up into two's & each took an area. We all made comments where needed.